First Rebreather

Which Rebreather is the BEST First Rebreather?

• ISC Megalodon APECS 2.7/Predator w/ 8 lb. Scrubber

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • reVo III w/ Large Radial Scrubber

Votes: 15 60.0%
  • Sentinel Expedition

Votes: 1 4.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It is hard to pick a rebreather the first time - there are many models around now days.

I dive a KISS Classic - it is a cheap, manually operated model - very simple and easy to dive/operate.
U should also consider costs - Megs are good units but they are expensive and fairly large. The rEvo is somewhat cheaper - design and operation are exceptional. The rEvo is also fairly small and easy to transport if u are going overseas.

I also use the Predator computer on my KISS and on OC diving - it is by far - the best and easiest dive computer I have ever seen. As u might expect, the fully loaded Predator is not cheap, but it is worth the $ for what it delivers.

I would absolutely go with the revo3 RMS. you will get better run times than even the radials in most dives. because it actually offers real time scrubber monitoring that is far more accurate than any other scrubber monitoring rebreather on the market. And because of the dual scrubber design you can actually use nearly 100% of the scrubber and still have an entire canister in reserve after a 6 hour dive. You will get the run times offered by the revo radial but with a much lower profile and much more efficient. I upgraded my revo3 to RMS a couple weeks ago and I freaking love it. of all the rebreathers I have used the revo has been the best rebreather I have ever dove. And I don't even know how to describe how much cooler it is to dive now with the RMS.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom