Portland Oregon area diving....anyone out here ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

marcbeaudry

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
hope i'm posting in the correct area...
I'm just freshly arrived to the Portland area and i'm looking to find
the local dive sites, dive-buddies and shops - whats diving in the pacific north west like for those more accustomed to the Great-Lakes ?
i have odd availabilities , mostly weekdays - mondays and tuesdays - and would LOVE to go out on friday 17th of november...
marc

Hi Marc! WElcome to Portland!
There's really no diving around Portland, especially this time of year. The mountain lakes are great in the summer, but we usually head north to Puget Sound or Hood Canal to dive. The Oregon Coast has a few options for you. I've heard of some diving in Vancouver Lake, but have never done it.

Deb

Marc the diving in PNW is great lots of color and big critters to I have dove from BC to southern Oregon coast the Sound is close and and good place to start is Les Davis Park for an easy shore dive. Than there are boats like Bandido and PAC adventures. I used to tow my own boat but finding buddies that can go is not always easy.

Bummer that it's so dead around here. Maybe I will have to move to Seattle after all!

Back
Top Bottom