Hilton Head

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jasoncolorado

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
To anyone heading to the Hilton Head area, I searched all over to find a charter to take me and my family and had almost gave up when I found two companies that were life savers. I contacted a company called Deep South Divers and spoke with SeaJay. Although his company did not offer the dive servies out of Hilton Head, he gave me the name of a company that did. He referred me to Mike at Integrity Charters. Mike is mostly in the fishing charter business but also is building his dive charter business. Mike worked with me to get a schedule for me in my family to dive next week and I am super excited about the trip. Both Mike and SeaJay have been great to work with and I highly recommend you contact them. After the dive, I will give an update on the trip. Below is the websites for both SeaJay at Deep South Divers and Mike at Integrity charters.

DEEP SOUTH DIVERS - Diver in Beaufort, SC
Integrity Charter. Fishing abord Hilton Head's finest charter vessel.

If that doesn't work out, look for dive operators in Savannah - it's about 30 miles south of HH. We occasionally went there for dinner - takes about 45mins. Fantasia Scuba is one. http://fantasiascuba.com/index.php

Hey, thanks for the good words, Jason! How was the dive? I've been slammed and was unable to attend. Did you have a good time?

The dive was great SeaJay. Mike and his crew were great to work with and his boat was super nice. I think we need to work on our "sealegs" a bit. My wife and both boys ended up seasick but we really enjoyed it. The Betsy Ross was awesome....we saw tons of fish, a huge sea turtle, a barricuda and several other fish that I dont remember their names. Too bad you were not able to go, but I understand. Hopefully, we will get a chance to dive again somewhere down the road. Both you and Mike were extremely helpful, courteous, true southern gentlemen. I would recommend you guys to anyone. Thanks again.

Jason, it was a pleasure having you and your family onboard yesterday. I hope we can dive together again in the future. You and your boys did great, you should be very proud. Thank you for your kind words, and I hope you enjoy your time on Hilton Head.

-Capt. Mike

Thanks, Jason, and glad to hear it! Yeah, Mike's operation is top-notch... Literally, world class, right here in South Cackalackey. :) I remember my words to Mike the last time we were out at the 'Ross: "It don' get no bettah dan dis, boah."

Mike told me today that is DID get "bettah dan dis..." He said that y'all had crazy vis and flat seas... Y'all must be blessed! Too bad the motion got to the kids - believe me, I completely understand. I think most of us do at one point or another. :)

I am looking forward to your return sometime - and a rematch. :) I wanna dive with y'all! :)

So nice to meet you... And your wonderful family. :)

Mike,

Can you tell me again the name of the medicine that your sister used for seasickness? I want to make sure I have some for all of us when we go again. Thanks.

Jason

---------- Post added May 21st, 2012 at 09:00 PM ----------

Hopefully Seajay, we will be back in your neck of the woods again soon. If not there...then maybe somewhere else in the future. We hope this becomes a life long passion.

Jason

Thanks, Jason, and glad to hear it! Yeah, Mike's operation is top-notch... Literally, world class, right here in South Cackalackey. :) I remember my words to Mike the last time we were out at the 'Ross: "It don' get no bettah dan dis, boah."

Mike told me today that is DID get "bettah dan dis..." He said that y'all had crazy vis and flat seas... Y'all must be blessed! Too bad the motion got to the kids - believe me, I completely understand. I think most of us do at one point or another. :)

I am looking forward to your return sometime - and a rematch. :) I wanna dive with y'all! :)

So nice to meet you... And your wonderful family. :)

I like Bonine, personally... It's available at Walgreen's or any good drugstore. I take a dose the night before an offshore dive, then again when I wake up so it's solid in my system. Triptone is another good one, usually available at the dive shop. Neither of these two have the same active ingredient in it as Dramamine, which will make ya sleepy and "stoned" even in the "non-drowsy" formula.

The only odd side effect that I get from either Triptone or Bonine is frequent urination. It's like my body gets a load of whatever that drug is, and... Decides to dehydrate. Weird. :)

Thanks SeaJay. Mike's sister took something different than those two and she was singing its praises....i think it was marazine or miclizine or something like that.

Thanks for sharing all this local info. One of my good friends lives on Daufuskie Island and each time we visit Ive always wanted to check out local diving...now Ill know who to check out next time we visit.

Back
Top Bottom