Venice Beach Bash - June 2, 2012

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aristakat
8:00 am
Cardzard +1
Roxanne
Brewone0to
Rick
ScubaJenny

9:30 am
COWSskateGOOD
DivingSiren
J Dodd+1 Guest
divindiva

Big Flat Top
9:00 am
Heath Sapp
Heath Sapp 1
Heath Sapp 2
joystershell
MegaMikey
MangoMan

10:15 am
UCFKnightDiver
JahJahWarrior
Carmen
MontanaFL
Scorpio2012
Kenny

11:30 am

Man Overboard Charters

8:30 AM
Ocean bound
fossilbabe +1
floridanewbe
Danielle's_dives

11:00 AM
sharktoothcrazy
Klinc +1

MontanaFL/Scorpio2012/Kenny - Cabana, bucket water, watermelon, cookies
ROXANNE/cardzard - cooler with drinks, cabana and sandwiches
Brewone0to/Shelli - chicken, chips, and a cooler with water
sharktoothcrazy- munchies,table
Oceanbound- bakedbeans,sausage
divindiva-muffins
DivingSiren-fruit and snacks.
Joystershell-EZ Up Shade canopy
Danielle's_dives- cooler full of snacks, sandwiches and goodies​

So excited with how many people are coming out! Woot!

I just bought some SPF 100 sunblock (or "SPF Vampire" as I call it) and am really looking forward to getting some Meg teeth.

I am not bringing a canopy (I don't have one...), but I was told by Montana & Scorpion that I can mooch off of them and huddle under their shade.... otherwise..I am just hoping someone will take pity on a fair-skinned red-head!

Okay, it's a go! Paul and Camille will be joining Mike and myself, so please sign the three of us up for the the Big Flat Top at 9:00.
joystershell
MegaMikey
MangoMan

And we'll chime in later with what provisions we'll be bringing.

YEA!!!! You just made the trip down there worth it. I dont have to hang with Dennis and Roxanne. JOKING. :chuckle:

So excited with how many people are coming out! Woot!

I just bought some SPF 100 sunblock (or "SPF Vampire" as I call it) and am really looking forward to getting some Meg teeth.

I am not bringing a canopy (I don't have one...), but I was told by Montana & Scorpion that I can mooch off of them and huddle under their shade.... otherwise..I am just hoping someone will take pity on a fair-skinned red-head!

I know how you feel, I have backup sunscreen for the backup stuff. Workin' on the water, you can get mighty crispy even in the shade. I'll have some on the boat available for the divers..

How big an area is the "Boneyard"? I keep my boat in Sarasota and usually dive up there, but might take a put down if I get out of work in time. Is it far offshore? Are the GPS coordinates public knowledge, or is it a secret spot?

Thanks, Doug

Fossilbabe, can you adjust me to jdodd + 2 guests on the aristakat @ 9:30? It appears there is room! We can bring a 10x10 canopy. I'm still open for suggestions on food. I can't wait!

Crud. Crud. Crud. Hermit Crab has something going on that takes precedence over the beach bash. Drat. Drat. Drat. I *could* run out and back, but that wouldn't be much fun, so we are bowing out. So bummed, was really looking forward to seeing everybody again. I even had a dream last night I found a really nice BIG meg!

It is that time again where we all get together at Venice Beach for some camaraderie, scuba diving and the ever present Megalodon Teeth.

Capt Rick of Man overboard Charters,Jamie of Aristakat and the Big Flat Top have again volunteered to transport us back and forth to the boneyard for a one tank/one hour dive. This is their way way of saying Thank You to all the wonderful SB'rs who have used and recommended their services throughout the year.

There will be a tip jar for each boat for you to show our appreciation for volunteering their time and their expertise. Please be generou$ as they are being generou$ for us.

There will be a maximum of 6 divers per boat. Times are noted below for each boat. Please be suited up and ready to go before your scheduled time. We have a gap between the launches for safety so there is only one boat on the beach at any given time.

Aristakat
8:00 am
Cardzard +1
Roxanne
Brewone0to
Rick
ScubaJenny

9:30 am
COWSskateGOOD
DivingSiren
J Dodd+2 Guest
divindiva

Big Flat Top
9:00 am
Heath Sapp 1
joystershell
MegaMikey
MangoMan

10:15 am
UCFKnightDiver
JahJahWarrior
Carmen
MontanaFL
Scorpio2012
Kenny

11:30 am

Man Overboard Charters

8:30 AM
Ocean bound
fossilbabe +1
floridanewbe
Danielle's_dives

11:00 AM
sharktoothcrazy
Klinc +1

MontanaFL/Scorpio2012/Kenny - Cabana, bucket water, watermelon, cookies
ROXANNE/cardzard - cooler with drinks, cabana and sandwiches
Brewone0to/Shelli - chicken, chips, and a cooler with water
sharktoothcrazy- munchies,table
Oceanbound- bakedbeans,sausage
divindiva-muffins
DivingSiren-fruit and snacks.
Joystershell-EZ Up Shade canopy
Danielle's_dives- cooler full of snacks, sandwiches and goodies

Directions to the beach:

From the north:
Head to Venice on I-75. Get off at exit 193 and turn right onto Jacaranda Blvd. Turn right on Venice Ave (CVS at the corner). Stay on Venice Ave until after you've crossed the bridge to the downtown area. Turn left at the second light after the bridge - Harbor Drive S. Turn right at the 5th street down - Alhambra Road. Follow to the end of the road.

From the south:
Head to Venice on I-75. Get off at exit 193 and turn left onto Jacaranda Blvd. Turn right on Venice Ave (CVS at the corner). Stay on Venice Ave until after you've crossed the bridge to the downtown area. Turn left at the second light after the bridge - Harbor Drive S. Turn right at the 5th street down - Alhambra Road. Follow to the end of the road.

If you wish to use your GPS, the address for the condo at the of Alhambra Road is 633 Alhambra Road, Venice, FL 34285.

Park on the street as close to the dead end as possible and without blocking access to the beach from the road. Most of us will be carrying all of our gear to the beach and will need easy access without having to walk around vehicles. Be careful not
nonononono.gif
to block the driveway to the condo or to the homes along the street. Also when parking, park along the street in the direction of travel for the side you park. Failure to do so may and could result in a ticket.

Should you need any other information, please do not hesitate to ask.

Looks like I'm going to have to back out of this dive as I just got a job down in the keys at Florida SeaBase and have to be there this Saturday, please take me off the 10:15 big flat top. Sorry I have to bail, I was looking forward to it!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom