Boracay Dive Shop and sites

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pao

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm heading to Boracay next week with my wife and would like to squeeze in 1 or 2 dives there. Anybody got any recommendations regarding what site and shop to go to? It is not a diving vacation. I just want to do 1 or 2 dives on the island. I am AOW with 100+ dives. I like wrecks and the small stuff. Recommendations on places to eat is also welcome as it is almost 5 years since I've last been to the island.

Thanks in advance!

I liked Crocodile Island, a small atoll on the other side of the island(from the main beach area). If conditions are good and you are comfy in current and depth, Yapak to the north can be a fun dive, possible hammerhead sitings up there. We liked the Nigi Nigi Nu Noos for food. Reasonable and delicious Nigi Nigi Nu Noos Restaurant Reviews, Boracay, Philippines - TripAdvisor Have fun. Heading there in October so will look forward to hearing of your experience there.

Thanks Marcus! Nigi Nigi is still around? My first stay in Boracay (ages ago) was there. I'll post a trip report if I do get to dive.

---------- Post added May 18th, 2012 at 06:02 AM ----------

I have been searching old posts and settled on doing Camia, Balinghai and YapakII (if feasible). For the shop I've been looking at Calypso and Lapulapu. Any comments?

oh yeah, I dove with an outfit called Aquarius. This was some years ago so I don't know if they exist still. They were fine, unremarkable but I enjoyed the DM, his expertise and stories.

oh yeah, I dove with an outfit called Aquarius. This was some years ago so I don't know if they exist still. They were fine, unremarkable but I enjoyed the DM, his expertise and stories.

I learned to dive at Aquarius in 2002! Christian Rauch. His girlfriend had a small resteraunt off the beach. Good food great price!
I don't think they are there anymore.

I just posted on a different thread my recommended dive sites. There are a lot of dive sites but they are only fun for beginners and OW divers. :D
Don't forget to check out the two wreck sites (camia and Tri-Bird).
[URL]http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/philippine-paradise-divers/420626-tri-bird-plane-wreck-new-dive-site-boracay.html

[/URL]For food, you might wanna check out "Smokes" located at D'Mall. Great food at affordable price. Literally located behind Lapulapu Dive Shop (but within that small nook when you go inside D'Mall). If you have a gps, you can locate them at:
Lat: 11:57.72114
Lon: 121:55.48602
Of course, if you want fancy food, there are plenty of restaurants along the beachfront providing excellent service.

I usually dive with Lapulapu Dive Shop, 20meters away from D'Mall if you are heading to Station 1. Look for Nonoy Tirol, owner of the shop.
Lat: 11.57.71514
Lon: 121:55.46892
It's nice to dive at Lapulapu, after your afternoon dives, you can already grab a bottle of beer at Pat's Creek Bar beside it and enjoy the happy hour while viewing the sunset, and in the evening, Pat's Creek Bar is also a nice place to Hang out.

Last edited:
For food grab a bbq chook for 150 pesos and a mango shake for 50 along the paraelel rd to white beach (main rd) for diving you really cant go past victory divers. Been operating there for 1/4 a decade victor riko pancho and other divers still there daily diveing. I have only been living on boracay for 4 months but my diving with victory divers is one i wont forget it has probably surpassed my intended purpose of being here which was kitesurfing.

Thanks Marcus! Nigi Nigi is still around? My first stay in Boracay (ages ago) was there. I'll post a trip report if I do get to dive.

---------- Post added May 18th, 2012 at 06:02 AM ----------

I have been searching old posts and settled on doing Camia, Balinghai and YapakII (if feasible). For the shop I've been looking at Calypso and Lapulapu. Any comments?

Have dived with Lapu Lapu on two different trips, can recommend them highly. Jimmy their ( one of) DM is absolutely awesome. One of my favorite DM's, anywhere in the world! All up done above 40 dives with them.

Have a look at Nigi Nigi Too's owned by one of the part owners of Nigi Noo's, right in front of Willy's rock. A bit quieter, awesome staff, not as girly (not girly at all) as Nigi Noo's (if you know what I mean). 5-10 min walk from Lapu Lapu. Your choice of sites is good. Yapak is deep, negative decent, short bottom time (your at 35-40m) great drift. Baling Hai is great particularly if you get a nice current and good vis, Camia is a great dive even ordinary vis it's fun. Crocodile is a must as well.

If you come to Boracay please consider New Wave Divers. I recently bought the shop and have updated all the equipment, renovated the place and have two dive boats. We have great dive instructors and we are a PADI dive resort. None of this was going on before I bought the shop. I am here right now and when I am here I cook a lot and everyone joins in. I live in Orange County California but come to Boracay every three months for month long visits.

I have a new website you can see the place but I remolded it again since the pictures I didn't like the first layout or the blue paint. :)
The big outrigger is getting its second overhaul as well will be back in the water in about a week but we still have out speedboat dive boat in the water that is very nice. Welcome to New Wave Divers, Boracay, Philippines old website is Boracay Scuba Diving - New Wave Divers
:)
Lynette

Update- I was not able to dive due to the weather. We got stormed in for 5 days. I should have dived Friday with Calypso when Camia and the windward sites were still diveable but I backed out upon seeing the water (lots of whitecaps). I put it off till Saturday but the dives were all done on the "other side" so I waited till Sunday but conditions only got worse and crocodile island had poor vis. I had to lug my gear back to Manila virtually untouched :depressed:. Moral of the story: Dive when you can!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom