What do you do in the winter months?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Having to pospone the occasional dive as gales have been lashing the coast these past few weeks. I expect to be heading up the lochs again this weekend. I would like a thicker undersuit, as it is rather cold at this time of the year, but I can't quite bring myself just yet to happily part with the money.
:D

Dive...The Water temps offshore range from 63 to a balmy 74.There are the springs and caves locally and on Mar 2&3 we'll be doing Manatee dives(no speargun).

as i see i am not the only diver who is waitning patently for the ice to melt or the water to warm up a wee bit .
here in the southern part of Nova Scotia we are being hit with allot of cold wind witch makes the vis down to 0 sometimes it is great at 4 to 5 inches ! but come spring when the wind calms down and the water warmes up you know ill be giving a new meaning to the phraise down under !
but ive been daydreaming about this spring all winter while i clean and re cleaning my gear from last year and hitting the gym
doing a bit of pool swims got to check on a pool dive !
BTW water temp is 34 deg F here and a wetsuit isnt warm enuf lol

:lunch:
I've been diligently putting on my winter layer of fat. Each winter I seem to add 20 pounds, and each summer I burn off about 18. Ten years of this is catching up with me.

Other winter favorites include:

• Running up huge international phone bills trying to coordinate a work permit which never seems to come.
  • Compulsively buying innumerable scuba toys every time I go near a dive shop.
  • Begging, pleading, and cajoling to get my CAD dive buddies to go get wet locally.
  • Endless stream of pool dives with students.
  • Endless stream of writing referrals so those students can go get certified in the Caribbean.
  • And spending WAY too much time on SCUBABOARD. :type:

I'm heading up to Vermont next weekend to go ice diving... Hope there's still ice on the lake when I get there! I've never been under the ice before, hope it's fun, should be :)

Where abouts are you diving down there? Is your group all drysuit divers, or do you have some real "nuts" in your group?

A deal has been made with one of the local swimming pools. They allow us to use the pool every Saturday for the price of regular admission. Its only 18 feet deep, but its good practice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom