North Shore shore dive conditions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dr. Lecter

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm on Oahu end of this week/next week and wanted to try to get a shore dive in at Shark's Cove. Can anyone give a heads up on the conditions? Thanks much.

I was at Shark's cove on Sunday and it was windy, but the water was nice. We got there before 8:00am and when we came out of the water, there were divers everywhere. Check the surf report before you go - it looks like the surf is going to pick up later in the week.

Was there Monday, visibility was not the greatest, but again could have been due to the hordes of divers who tried their best to kick up silt and sand as much as possible, poor corals. Some of the coves and tunnels further away had pretty good viz, probably due to less divers going there.
Was flat till about 12ish, it then looked like there was some increasing wave action, but still well bellow 2ft.
Water temp was 78 degrees, average I guess.

If you're on Oahu now. Check SNN before you go:
Surf News Network

As of now, the weekend looks calm enough for North Shore diving.

Back
Top Bottom