Scuba Pro Go vs Geo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Isaac-1

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is any difference between the Go and the Geo other than the Geo map theme?

thanks

I believe the Go is weight integrated and the Geo is not. That's the only difference I know of. I currently have a Geo.

Thanks, what do you think of the Geo for a tropical travel BCD? I am thinking about picking one up for a business trip to the Bahamas where I hope to squeeze in a few dives. I have to pack business attire which does not leave much room for dive gear considering airline bag limits.

I think the Geo as a tropical travel BCD will work out fine for you. It packs down into a small bag and only weighs around 4-5 lbs. It has nice big pockets. I have only used mine so far in some of the springs here in Florida. I recently did some dives down to 90 ft in one of the springs/caverns here and it worked fine, and myScubapro Nova 230 Dive Light fit great in one of the pockets. I generally wear a size medium for everything BCD, wetsuit, etc.. The medium did seem a little bit small on me. It was compact with the pockets a little further back than what I was used to, but that may be how some travel bcds fit. When I got my Geo, a weight integrated BCD was not entirely important to me as I have always used a weight belt. Plus it was half the price of the newer GO since it was being discontinued and replaced by the GO.

I was just in my Scubapro shop today and my buddy was showing me the "LiteHawk". I really liked it a lot. It is not weight intergrated however they do sell weight pouches that will easily clip on. If I didn't already have a Seahawk, I would strongly consider getting one for tropical travel. Here is a link:SCUBAPRO - LITEHAWK

Your right the difference is going to be the weight integration factor and cosmetics of the map design. The litehawk is a nice strip down back flotation travel type bcd that still has the full size wing instead of a lower lift travel type wing.

I was just in my Scubapro shop today and my buddy was showing me the "LiteHawk". I really liked it a lot. It is not weight intergrated however they do sell weight pouches that will easily clip on. If I didn't already have a Seahawk, I would strongly consider getting one for tropical travel. Here is a link:SCUBAPRO - LITEHAWK

The Litehawk is a nice Travel BC, there are 2 "Utility" pockets on the BC. We have had customers put weight in those pockets to serve as weight integration. If you didn't want to use those pockets or if you needed more weight, then you can use Trim Weight Pockets that will mount on the cam strap.

I ended up buying the Geo which was on clearance at the local SP dealer for just under $200 with power inflator. I am not sure I like the fit, but can live with it as it does certainly fold down into a small enough travel bundle. I generally like to use pocket style neoprene weight belts while travelling as you never know what sort of weights will be available at some remote travel locations, and you can use just about anything in a soft pocketed weight belt.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom