Brut SRB9110 service manual

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BrianM83

Registered
Reaction score
I'm sorry if this has been answered before but I did a search and couldn't find an answer. I'm new to diving and just got a new Brut regulator. I'd like to learn more about how it and regulators in general work. Can anyone point me to where I'd be able to find the service manual for it? Thanks in advance.

Most service manuals are pretty lacking in "how it works" details, they are mostly an exploaded parts drawing and occasionally a step by step parts removal and replacement procedure. If you are interested in learning how they actually work (and I encourage you to do so) I would suggest 2 great books on the subject. Vance Harlowes "Scuba Regulator Maintance and Repair" www.airspeedpress and Pete Wolfinger "Regulator Savvy". www.scubatools.com Vance’s book leans more toward the DIY maintenance side while Pete's book is more technical- the physics of what is happening. I really like to use both together to get the best overall perspective.

Here is a place you can find some SW manuals. Even if yours is not available, most Sherwoods are very similar so you can get some idea of whats in there..

The NEW Brut (9110) and NEW Magnum (9310) are not on Frogkick. They have a "new" right angle first stage and some changes to the second stage as well. These regs do not appear to be similar to the rugged and extremely reliable Sherwoods of old. I would like to look at a manual to see exactly what the changes are..

While I am on the subject of manuals, does anyone know where (other than at a dealer) I could find a copy of the manual for the "new" AL Titan first stage?

The only people that are going to have these NEW service manuals are authorized dealers that have taken a repair seminar within the last 2 years- so other then a dealer, no one would have them.

Attachments

• brut.jpg
    brut.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 295
Hey, sorry to bring this thread back up, but I am also looking for a manual for the new Brut! We bought these as our shop regs and are now dealing with a SUPER unresponsive local distributor who cannot get us the schematics nor the service kits!!! A repair seminar would be AWESOME, but we've been waiting for a year and there have not been any. If anyone can help me out with the manual, that would be GREAT! Honestly, for the time being we don't need any major overhauls but I would love to get a schematics with the o-ring sizes.

Hey,...who cannot get us the schematics nor the service kits!!!...

An authorized distributor should NOT give you the service manuals or service kits. Manuals are not to be disclosed with the general public and service kits have to be installed by a tech. training seminars are also available only to authorized dealers, not the general public

Steve,
It would be wonderful, really wonderful, if things worked that well down here as they do up there. Unfortunately, that is not the case. We ARE NOT the general public! We are an official dive center who worked with the official local Sherwood distributor to stock Sherwood regs as our in-house rentals. If we were up North, we would be an authorized dealer, have the course available to us, AND be able to order our own parts whenever we need!!! We are not up North though and we cannnot have stuff shipped down from Sherwood direct (it has to go through an importer). One of the many hidden problems about living in "paradise". So, thanks for your input but I would appreciate you take into consideration the realities of diving beyond the great North. We are trying very hard to run a great shop within the limitation set by our location.

Back
Top Bottom