Things you've found under water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm actually looking to buy a couple of anchors suitable for a 30-ft sailboat. I'd like to have folding 'lunch hook' and a plow-type. Since I'm in the upper-right had corner of Iowa, shipping might be an issue. Anybody want to see one of their 'recovered treasures' put to good use?

PM me.

DC

numerous golf balls
numerous shark teeth
bison teeth
whale/dugong bones
misc. bones, looked aweful human, left them
dive mask
fishing poles
plastic teenage mutant ninja turtle
ship wreck (estimated to be 16th century)
snorkel with an octopus living in it
unfortunately lots of garbage

Recently we found what looked like the circular stiff rubber backing to put the sandpaper disk on for an electric disk sander. It had a metal insert in the center that gave it some weight.

We played frisbee with it underwater, as we swam back to the beach. It was alot of fun! And I kept thinking that we were doing something that no agency had set standards for, which pleased me alot!

Recently we found what looked like the circular stiff rubber backing to put the sandpaper disk on for an electric disk sander. It had a metal insert in the center that gave it some weight.

We played frisbee with it underwater, as we swam back to the beach. It was a lot of fun! And I kept thinking that we were doing something that no agency had set standards for, which pleased me a lot!

You mean you don't know about PADI's underwater Frisbee specialty??:D

Last year while diving under a popular fishing bridge here in west palm I found a large gold mens necklace. :D :D
Sold the gold and it paid for half of the cruise my wife and I took!

Beach umbrella, sunglasses, cowbell
Most common: snorkels - got a bunch of them.
Coolest: - A Ross's soda bottle from Ireland, circa 1870.

Welp, Im a n00b here. Will log dive number 10 this weekend. :cool2: Over my last couple of dives, my buddy and I have found - another buddies snorkel :shakehead: . After giggin him about it for a day or so, I was sent on a "rescue" mission for another buddy who dropped his mask and snorkel, while toting our dive flag. LOL

Soon after those two incidents, we found ourselves upon our first real "treasure", a rod-n-reel. Been there for along time, but looks good hanging on the wall of our lake house. :wink:
I also found a BIC lighter.

Hopefully, we will soon find our way upon some other cool things.

Thanks for this thread. I've loved looking through it.

Newspaper vending machines at western end of bridge on route 98( miracle strip prkway) crossing into destin, fl from ft. Walton beach. Two of them in about 15-18 ft of water. Left them behind, as even I could see that print newspapers were dying out........

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom