Phuket weather = :(

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

racerx_

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Arrived in phuket for a getaway along with my extended family only to find that the weather is not good! Still gonna try to sneak some dives in but hoping its not a wash out!

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk

It has improved already a lot today, with some destinations available, and starting tomorrow all destinations can be safely reached again.

Managed to get out today to the rachas! Not great but saw my first eagle ray.. thought I had a few days to choose from but late last night realized I had to dive today so had to rush and book something just before the centre closed

Gotta pick a better season next time and maybe can dive with you guys

Yup this has been truly unusual...I have never seen such strong winds a rainstorms over such a long period here. Granted it is the monsoon season now but this has been awful. Usually in between rain showers we experience hot humid days at this time of year.

The weather is screwy all over the world. Nevertheless glad you manged to see your first Eagle Ray Racerx :wink:

Yeah definitely crazy. But kids got a full day in the pool and I got to dive so hard to complain. Found a couple of sneaky octopus too ha

Everyone's parade gets rained on now and then. Glad to see you've made the best of it and that you and your family are enjoying yourselves.

Crazy weather up here in Korat, as well. My yard had 10cm of water in it after one fierce thunder shower last week. I couldn't even see the fish pond. Fortunately the fish stayed put.

Havent had to water the orchids in a week!

Yeah its working out thanks to there being a pool for the kids to swim in. Was hoping for a shore dive but I see that's probably impossible LOL.

On another note I just saved my daughter from drowning in the pool. Wonder if that makes me a rescue diver now ha

what shop are you diving with?

Gotta pick a better season next time and maybe can dive with you guys
Would love to welcome you back and dive with you!
I'm on Bali at the moment, where the weather is better than Phuket. Checking out the north coast and will be diving with SBer shortdivemedic who was at Phuket not too long ago.

Cool that you snatched your little girl from the pool before any harm was done. It's definitely a start on the Rescue Diver cert!

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom