EOS Canon 5D Mark3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Quality is stunning. I have the mk2 but only a housing for a 40d. How do you deal with focus. On the 2 it's all manual and I suspect is similar on the 3. I almost never use video but this reaffirms that I should. What lens are you using?

I can't wait for the full frame Canons to incorporate AF with video. The T4i has it.....

Splendid video.

Quality is stunning. I have the mk2 but only a housing for a 40d. How do you deal with focus. On the 2 it's all manual and I suspect is similar on the 3. I almost never use video but this reaffirms that I should. What lens are you using?

It's a 17-40mm 1:4 L
This video was shot in AF. Just a quick focus before each shot. I have been shooting a Mark 2 for a few years now. Great camera...get a housing!!

Ok, Im officially drooling now.. And no, I dont have rabies..

It's a 17-40mm 1:4 L
This video was shot in AF. Just a quick focus before each shot. I have been shooting a Mark 2 for a few years now. Great camera...get a housing!!

Can you briefly comment on your White Balance. Nice color even in the low light scenes ! I'm assuming "Custom" ?

Looks great!

I'm delivering my first Ikelite Canon 5D MK III housing to the customer tomorrow :)

He'll be using the same Canon 17-40mm L lens on my recommendation.......

Did you use an 8" or the 6" dome port?

Just curious and keep enjoying your Ikelite housing!

David Haas
www.haasimages.com

Can you briefly comment on your White Balance. Nice color even in the low light scenes ! I'm assuming "Custom" ?

You are indeed correct. I preform a custom wb with every 10 ft of depth. It's pretty simple, the one thing to remember when doing this is you have to make sure the sun is over your shoulder. I use a small white slate and I find it best to zoom in "when using a zoom lens like the 17-40" so that the slate fills the frame. I also change the wb when the light changes...clouds move in and out down here this time of year.

dhass, I use the 8" port for a few reasons. With this modular system I can shoot my 15mm prime, 35mm prime as well as my 17-40mm and I only need to change the extension ring. I really like the new tray design on the ike housings. It feels better in my hand and actually sits upright properly on the boat without leaning over on my macro port.

great video. Great work with the white balance etc...

I have a MarkII but I only have a case (just bought it actually) for my 20D. I just can't bring myself to bring a $2500 camera underwater.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom