Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sad but True
Response from PBCP:

Thank you for contacting Palm Beach County Parks & Recreation Department.

Your concern was forwarded to Eric Call, Director Parks & Recreation, and he is aware of the situation at Phil Foster Park. We are currently working with Environmental Resources Management, Fish and Wildlife and Palm Beach Sheriff’s Office to discourage this activity.

Sincerely,

Peggy Hawks
Public Information

---------- Post added ----------

You might get a kick out of this Bob. Maybe you've seen it.
couple years ago, I was googling Frank and found this story written by Dan Volker.

The South Florida Dive Journal

I stole part of it for my sig, but never made the connection until Dan PM'd me and complimented me on the sig, lol.
Hell, maybe you were one of the divers.
Awesome article, but no I rarely dove with Frank. I went once when we were short fish for the fish fry, and we didn't go far or deep, but it was a spot Frank new about, and little more than a 10 foot ridge with Jewfish under it. Rustie wouldn't let me. Frank was at one end of the spectrum, and Rustie was at the other. I can still work old dive tables in my head.. I told Rustie 9-10 years ago that I had a dive computer and and use EAN, she almost fainted! She told me I was going to "kill myself". She is old school and by the book. But she never had any of her students hang out at Inter-City either..

I'm gonna have to start stalking you......
Nice pictures Joanie.

I can always use more expert spotters!
I think part of Kelly's success is she has lots of time while waiting for her spouse to shoot 15 seconds worth of steady, in focus video.....
:perv:

Sandusky crab?

IMG_2445wa pedophile.jpg

I *hope* this involved fighting. . .

Kevin

I had a nice zen dive yesterday. But it is definitely summer! There were far more families picnicking and kids in swim area than there were divers. When I first pulled into PFP I was worried I would not get front row parking.

The water was clear and blue - vis easily 30-40 ft. It got a little milky at the end, as always. Didn't check temp but I'm still in my 5mm full w 3mm vest.

I did NOT see any nefarious activity (nor any frog fish). I did see plenty of octopuses, a pike blenny and the usual.

Here is my favorite shot of the day.
View attachment 126652

The reason you didn't see frogfish is that you weren't with any crusty hardcore looking dudes!
Maybe next week?

The reason you didn't see frogfish is that you weren't with any crusty hardcore looking dudes!
Maybe next week?

OK, if frogfish are on the line dammit, Jim I'm ready!
Even if it is (gasp) a weekday.....
I would hope based on my desperation you could throw in a couple sail-fin blennies but I will do what I must to fulfill the critter hit list at BHB......
:D:D:D:D
John

Weird tube

About to hit the road for another long weekend at the bridge. Might even make it down to the Pompano ForceE to get a look at the GoPro setup.

BTW, I'll bet one of you knows what makes this shell-covered tube structure. .

.IMG_2448wa weird tube.jpg

Kevin

Was hoping to make it up this weekend but I am working Sat and won't get off work till Sunday morning after high tide. When are you heading back Kev?
John

About to hit the road for another long weekend at the bridge. Might even make it down to the Pompano ForceE to get a look at the GoPro setup.

BTW, I'll bet one of you knows what makes this shell-covered tube structure. .

.View attachment 126793

Kevin

I know who is living there now....
:D:D:D

Attachments

• untitled-201206095610.jpg
    untitled-201206095610.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 171
Was hoping to make it up this weekend but I am working Sat and won't get off work till Sunday morning after high tide. When are you heading back Kev?
John

I thought you wuz the boss?? Get on up here! Will head back Sunday morn - unless something interesting comes up.

The GoPro guy sez his machine won't focus closer than about three feet. Does that sound right??

She was up to all kinds of stuff last time. Hope to see her again, tomorrow. . .

Kevin

IMG_2167wa.jpgIMG_1759wa.jpgIMG_0688wa3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom