Who has the GoPro Backscatter Red Filter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When will you be in Bonaire? headed there the 23rd with a group of 12! looking into a similar solution...

I am here now. Leaving end of this week. The magic red filter is key. Here is a shot with the camera.

3ff52ac8-bfeb-d3c0.jpg

Good options but I will wait for the backscatter flip up ... its almost mid June now so any day now.

(Going to Bonaire in October -- mights as well add that since all the cool kids go there)

Anyone know when the Backscatter filter is coming out?

Are there any other companies making a similar item?

I'm on the Kona Aggressor as I type this, and have the BackScatter housing and port. They are backordered on the Magic Filters, so I couldn't get one before my trip...........but to be honest, I'm not too keen on the flimsey rubber filter retaining bands. Even topside, they have a hard time holding a Polarizing filter firm to the camera.

Having the backscatter housing, it comes with a 55mm threaded lens receiver. Through B&H photo, I was able to buy a Fantasea 55mm threaded filter that is working STUNNINGLY well between 10-60 foot deep with ambient lighting. It's an filter option to think about. I"M SOLD ON IT.

I also made a 20" long Pole Cam mount, with a ULCS ball on the end of it, then a clamp to a ULCS GoPro mount.

Filmed myself during giant stride entries, as well as underwater, and the ULCS allows full 360 tilt of the camera.

This red filter ROCKS, and you can easily thread it on and off underwater, then I keep it in a plastic case in my BCD pocket during entries.

Fantasea Line RedEye Underwater Color Filter for Bluewater 5207

Hi all, we'll be listing the Oculus Red Filter for the Gopro dive housing in the next few days on ebay. It's a simple elastic strap on for a snug and vignette free fit.

456433_332761316799944_1482413719_o.jpg

Right on... where you staying TX? Pic looks great- If I can't get the BS filter in time and replicate your fix I will get Oculus!

---------- Post added ----------

Also, I talked to BS and the guys designing the flip filter are out of town for another couple weeks, so I wouldn't expect it until early-mid July.

I emailed Backscatter, this was their reply:

[Hello Justin-

Thanks for the email. The flip filter is in the final development stages and expected to be shipping in late June/early July. The price will be $49.00 each. Once the filter is ready to ship, we will announce it on facebook and thru a newsletter. So keep in touch.

Sincerely,

I will be getting one of those occulus's the second they go on ebay!

Hi all, we'll be listing the Oculus Red Filter for the Gopro dive housing in the next few days on ebay. It's a simple elastic strap on for a snug and vignette free fit.

456433_332761316799944_1482413719_o.jpg

Price on that Filter? Just some feed-back, but it looks pretty big and bulky larger than the camera itself. Is this plastic that can easily scratch? I don't really see the advantage of the upper and lower bungy, if you want to shoot video both with and without filter during a dive. You pop off the top bungy, then the filter kinda dangles at any weird angle pivoting at will on the lower bungy?

How do you store the Oculus filter in your BCD pocket? does it come with a case or sleeve?

I'll have to double check, but I'm pretty sure my Fantasea screw on lense is glass, so pretty hard to damage or scratch.

Guess it's an option for those with the OEM GoPro dive housing, but with the Backscatter threaded port, I get the option of their macro lens which is coming out soon. I find while diving the cam will only focus up to about 8" away when in wide mode. I want 2-3" for the teeny tiny stuff.

I'll post some of my stunning underwater Manta video and blue water deep video. I'm 120% sold on that Fantasea filter.

Back
Top Bottom