I am at my wits end with sealife products

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I called Sealife this morning. My only option is to buy the Dc1400 then send in my dc1000 and get $100 rebate in about 8 weeks. Not really what I wanted to hear as I love the Dc1000. Who has the dc1400 and how is it? I'm just afraid of flooding yet another one.

Since SL is not going to make a waterproof camera and with your luck at flooding, I would move away from SL and consider an Olympus Tough, Nikon Coolpix or others.

My buddy was divorced 5 times and he can't figure out whats wrong with women in general. I have had a DC 800 for 6 years no flood. I have had a DC 1200 for 18 months used in boat and beach dives, no flooding. I had one strobe flood due to me not seating the seal properly. The cameras need annual maintenance and care and inspection before every dive. I, for one, have nothing but praise for SeaLife.

StreetJudge79

Sorry to hear about all the flooding. It's true, the DC1000 had the longest-lasting battery of all SeaLife cameras, but there are other factors to consider. The DC1400 is more power efficient and includes HD video, 26mm wide angle lens and super macro to 1". We are always looking to improve the camera features and will definitely consider making the inner camera waterproof. Please contact our service center again at sealife@sealife-cameras.com so we can try to help out with the flooded camera and light.

---------- Post added ----------

That's service@sealife-cameras.com

I changed out the O ring 6 months ago so that wasn't the issue.

I hate to say this Steve, but this means nothing. You can buy a brand new o-ring, nick it through mis-handling and install it to see the camera flood. The parts are only as good as you are. If you do not properly inspect your gear and handle it properly, it will leak. After 4 cameras, I really think you need to look at your routine because it is failing you.

My experience with SeaLife has always been fair (actually more than fair) and courteous. I have hundreds of dives with my SL-1000, including some deep, high current dives in the Galapagos, with no issues. Has the housing been checked for warping, or has it been pressure checked?

Well, there isn't anything you guys will do except give me $ 100 back if I buy a new camera which I am not about to do until you make the inner camera water resistant. I already contacted Sealife about it. When you make the inner camera water resistant, I will buy another sealife camera. Until then, no way. Olympus makes the waterproof cameras about the same size as a dc series,only to 15 feet or so .I don't see why you guys can't make the same that goes in a housing so it's double protected. It's easy enough to do .

Steve

StreetJudge79

Sorry to hear about all the flooding. It's true, the DC1000 had the longest-lasting battery of all SeaLife cameras, but there are other factors to consider. The DC1400 is more power efficient and includes HD video, 26mm wide angle lens and super macro to 1". We are always looking to improve the camera features and will definitely consider making the inner camera waterproof. Please contact our service center again at sealife@sealife-cameras.com so we can try to help out with the flooded camera and light.

---------- Post added ----------

That's service@sealife-cameras.com

Hey StreetJudge79:

I feel your pain. I had the same problem a number of years ago with a DC500. SeaLife does not stand behind their products. All your're going to get from these people is alot of lip service.

Buy yourself an Ikelite houseing with which accepts an over the counter camera.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom