will Dan not cover someone...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GoingScuba

Registered
Reaction score
Will Dan not cover someone for Hugh risk and/or ro many claims? If so, how many claims does it take for Dan not to cover someone. Is two claims within 4 years total 3500 something the underwriters will look at. The crazy thing is I didn't need to get oxygen therapy the second time. I had suspected dcs symptoms both times but was ruled that neither case was not a hit. Now I am more aware of what a hit should be and won't go to treatment unless I am sure. U just do not want to lose my Dan coverage bc I plan becoming a dive master and my passion is diving.

This page might help a little or a lot (https://www.diversalertnetwork.org/insurance/dive/).

DAN insurance depends on which plan you're on. The preferred plan has $250,000 per incident, while the other two have either $125,000 or $45,000 lifetime. I'm pretty sure $3500 for two legitimate claims is not going to affect your insurance - 1. It's not a large amount; and 2. They were claims that DAN deemed to be legitimate for coverage.

If you don't have the Preferred Plan, and you have a lesser plan, I'd recommend switching to the best plan. It's a little bit more per year, but you can get covered a large amount per incident.

Being careful with your health in scuba situations is better than the risk of untreated DCS.

I have the middle plan which is masters.

Will Dan not cover someone for Hugh risk and/or ro many claims? If so, how many claims does it take for Dan not to cover someone. Is two claims within 4 years total 3500 something the underwriters will look at. The crazy thing is I didn't need to get oxygen therapy the second time. I had suspected dcs symptoms both times but was ruled that neither case was not a hit. Now I am more aware of what a hit should be and won't go to treatment unless I am sure. U just do not want to lose my Dan coverage bc I plan becoming a dive master and my passion is diving.

I don't think you'll lose coverage from having to actually use DAN's insurance plan. I personally wouldn't want to test it though.

Last edited by a moderator:
For your sake I hope that DAN doesn't take in to account 'clear writing ability'. Hugh risk? ro many claims? underwriters? WTF?
Maybe you actually did take a hit?

I don't think you'll lose coverage from having to actually use DAN's insurance plan. I personally wouldn't want to test it though.

Seeing as you brought it up, what is wrong with "underwriters"?

Last edited:
Reactions: RJP
DAN coverage is the best value around, get the preferred plan and consider it money well spent and plan to never have to use it, but if you do need it, it's there. Happy Diving ><>

I doubt they'll ding you for oxygen therapy ... it's way cheaper than a chamber ride ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I am sure. U just do not want to lose my Dan coverage bc I plan becoming a dive master and my passion is diving.

I've never heard of anybody being cancelled for using the plan, although I suppose it's possible.

If you're worried, give them a call.

Now I am more aware of what a hit should be and won't go to treatment unless I am sure.

That's probably a bad decision, since the only way to be "sure" about some SCUBA injuries is to see if they resolve with treatment.

flots.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom