Icon NET Ready and firmware update

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

terrylowe

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Zac,
I have learned that with Mares...it'll be ready when it is ready. I have to ask though. Have you heard when the next firmware release will be available for the Icon HD Net Ready? The time shift is a bit aggravating.

Also...I was expecting word at some point about the NET part of Net ready. It's nice to have integrated air, but wasn't Mares gonna come up with something else that made this dive computer extra special?

I've got the beta software for the ICON Net Ready. Shame I have the non AI computers, so it doesn't fix my problems.

Zac,
I have learned that with Mares...it'll be ready when it is ready. I have to ask though. Have you heard when the next firmware release will be available for the Icon HD Net Ready? The time shift is a bit aggravating.

Also...I was expecting word at some point about the NET part of Net ready. It's nice to have integrated air, but wasn't Mares gonna come up with something else that made this dive computer extra special?

Hi Terry, I don't know exactly when they will release the next firmware. As has been mentioned the beta version is out there. If you go to our facebook page ( Log In | Facebook ), and post your question or would like to volunteer to be part of the Beta testing program, you may have an early crack at the firmware. My understanding is the beta firmware is a solution to the time shift bug.

As far as new development. HQ is quite secretive about the computer category, more so than fins, regs, bcd's etc. So mum's the word even for people like me. If I did know, I couldn't say.. just yet :wink: In addition with the history, I would be pretty reluctanct making claims of when something new was coming...

Thanks for asking.

June 15th is when the firmware will be released. The time shift has been fixed in this release

Based on past experiences with Mares updates, I gotta admit I am skeptical about this date. Look how long it took them to get the Icon Net Ready out. However, I will be looking for it then.

Thanks for the heads up.

Terry

---------- Post added ----------

Well...I just saw that Mares posted this on their Facebook page. My skepticism just dropped a notch...

I can confirm that the firmware update was released today to those individuals who had asked to be included on an e-mail list (I am one). I was advised that the update will be available on the web site on Monday. I use a Mac, but am able to use Dive Log with a virtual machine (Parallels) for firmware updates and map downloads. The update went without a hitch, and my Net Ready now reads firmware version 3.06. I should add that the Mac connection for Diver's Diary is still flaky, and did not work for me after the update. Those on the list were advised that they are still working on that issue. Here is the list of items addressed by the update:

Icon HD Net Ready new Firmware release (3.06)
Bug fixing:
- Fixed bug on time shifts.
- Fixed bug in am/pm time format.
- Fixed bug regarding charge indication in top right corner.
- Fixed bug in dive planner (now reflects water type).
- Fixed bug regarding tank pressure during surfacing and final value in
logbook.
- Fixed date format bug in logbook in am/pm setting.
- Fixed ascent speed bug in logbook (wrong color representation).
- Added “DEPTH” label to depth field in compass display.
- Improved stability of pairing process.
- Mac users: improves stability of logbook downloads (but firmware
upgrade requires PC with Dive Organizer)
New features:
Before the dive
- Stats reset now requires password (1234) to prevent accidental
erasing of data.
- Tank module pairing process now with text in set language.
- Tank size limit increased to 40l and 400 cu ft.
- Multigas: during O2 setting for G2 and G3, while turning gas ON or
OFF, labels of central buttons are now “ON” and “OFF”
- Pre-dive now shows set tank volume.
- Pre-dive now lasts three instead of ten minutes (energy management).
- Pre-dive now shows MOD (Nitrox only).
- Gas table in pre-dive now with horizontal lay-out (same as during dive)
and with tank pressure for each active tank module.
During the dive
- Tank pressure: green and red background ranges now with white
numbers instead of black for improved contrast.
- Added color coding for tank pressure in compass display.
- Added tank pressure in bottom timer mode.
- Countdown timer for deep and safety stop while in profile mode now
with bigger numbers.
- Multigas: gas table now shows tank pressure for each active tank
module.
- Bottom timer: stopwatch now starts with dive time.
After the dive
- Added average gas consumption in logbook (single gas dives only)
- In logbook profile view, top line now shows dive number, date and time
of dive.
- Blinking red LED during desaturation removed (energy management).

I don't suppose you could email it to me , I am taking my deco class early next week and would like to test out the new firmware prior to the class??? :)

PM me with your address and I'll send it.

Please note that if you plan to update your firmware before your desat runs out, the desat will be reset. I've updated the firmeware after my morning dive, and the desat was reset... Not very happy about it... :(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom