Dakuwaqa's Dream - Scuba Diving in Fiji in slow motion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Beautiful video. May I inquire as to how you managed to film a seamless continuous curve shot? I try to film shots like that on my drift dives but they never end up so smooth even at 60fps. they seem to bob up and down a little. Your's were pretty much level as I observed.

Thanks yarik83. One of the key things is a large housing with plenty of inertia. That was shot with a Light & Motion Bluray housing for the Sony FX1/Z1, which is a pretty big housing, plus I had lights attached to it. I wouldn't have been able to make it that smooth with a small housing. My previous standard definition housing had big floats on it to counteract the heaviness of my light batteries, and all that bulk helped the camera stay steady. Plus, there was a nice steady current to drift in and my diving skills were polished as I'd been diving daily for a few weeks by then.

Great concept and awesome quality video! I dig it. Thanks for the inspiration.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom