Vero Beach Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bennesh1

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I will be in Vero Beach for business in July and think I can squeeze in an extra day for some local diving. I'm relatively new to diving and have never done any shore diving which seems to be prevalent for the area. Currently I have OW and Nitrox certs but should have my AOW by the time of my visit. I am hoping to dive on July 11th. I p,an to ship most of my gear but will need to rent tanks, weight and a reg. what dive shop do you recommend in Vero? Also, I have a full 5mm wetsuit but I'm guessing that will be way too much for the water temps there. Any advice is appreciated. Let me know if anyone is interested in diving that day.

I'd head south of Vero for Jupiter(boats) and BHB in Riviera at Phil Foster Park. About 90 minutes, but worth it if you've got the tide. Check out Force-E.

If you don't want to go that far South, there is Pepper Park in Ft. Pierce. But no comparison IMO.

i'm a Vero local. dive shops here include Sebastian Dive and Surf (just north in Sebastian and my favorite) or Deep Six in vero (good selection and staff).
we have some nice shore dives....lots of people don't know or expect what we have. Several good locations though somewhat weather dependent. Riomar Reef is awesome though often low viz. Pepper Park to the south is nice.....easy access and facilities. Wabasso (near Disney resort) is also a good dive. all of these have reef between 50 to 200 feet off the beach. Sharks, turtles and more are typical.
look on facebook or meetup for vero beach scuba club.
hit me up anytime....we'll take ya out!

I am only part time there and still figuring it out myself. First off, NO, a 5 mil is not too much up there and I am only familiar with Deep Six up in Vero.

5mil is a bit heavy for Vero this time of year. I use a 3mil and got to my 5 come november. as of last week, we had 82/83 degree water between Pepper Park and Wabasso.

Thanks for the good local info. I will definitely be there July 11th so I will try and look at some of the options suggested and firm up some plans. If anyone in vero knows they will be available on the 11th to dive let me know and maybe we can make some plans.

Thanks

Definately use Deep Six, very reliable and close to beach. They have convenient long hours for tank fills. Feel free to hit my blog up below, I have done a ton of writeups on Riomar and Pepper Park, also try Bathtub Beach in Stuart. I have a gift store in the mall there, feel free to pop in and chat. I post conditions if it is good from Vero down to lauderdale by sea. I also post where and when I will be diving so feel free to tag along.

---------- Post added ----------

Definately use Deep Six, very reliable and close to beach. They have convenient long hours for tank fills. Feel free to hit my blog up below, I have done a ton of writeups on Riomar and Pepper Park, also try Bathtub Beach in Stuart. I have a gift store in the mall there, feel free to pop in and chat. I post conditions if it is good from Vero down to lauderdale by sea. I also post where and when I will be diving so feel free to tag along.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom