sherwood wisdom versus Suunto Cobra

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

roula333

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi Fellow divers. I have been diving for about three years and finally bit the bullet and got my gear from a dive shop my friend recommended. I am happy with the BCD and Regulator I bouhgt however now I need advice on computers.
The dive shop I went to is an Authorized Aqualung Dealer. They strongly recommend the Cobra (Cobra not cobra 3) however admitted that they are not familiar with the Sherwood Wisdom 2. I am torn between the two. I love the display on the sherwood wisdom 2 and the quick disconnect. I have asked for retailers opinions on these two and have gotten numerous opinions. I have my advanced diver certification and hope to continue with training in the future. I am willing to spend a little more to get what I want however want to pick the best computer and not just go with aesthetics. Does any have any personal experience with these two computers and have any advice on how to choose between the two? thanks for any help you can give me.

I can't say that I have ever had a Sherwood, but I have two Cobras, and can't find a single thing to fault with them . . . They may not be the latest whiz-bang fancy dingle-berry loaded doohickey, but they do the job, and they do it damn well!

- Tim

Well I have had both so here is my take. I bought an air intergrated Cobra and used it for a couple of years and never had a problem. Very satisfied with it. Then my wife got certified and when we decided to get her a computer we looked at both the Cobra and the Wisdom and she liked the Wisdom better because the numbers were larger and very easy to read. All the info you needed was right there on one screen. So we bought her a Wisdom. After using her Wisdom on a couple of dives the very next trip I sold my Cobra and bought myself a Wisdom. We both have the original Wisdom and have never had a single issue with them. The battery is easy to replace yourself. If either of our computers were to fail tomorrow, I would not hesitate to replace it with the newer Wisdom.

Honestly, you won't go wrong with either but for a guy who has used both, I liked the Wisdom better and glad I made the switch. As a bonus, while I haven't priced them lately, at one time the Wisdom was a little less expensive as well.

never used the cobra but had the wisdom2 and really liked it...almost had a wisdom3 but the wife and kids went with the D4i for Dad's Day.

I have a Wisdom 2 on the quick disconnect and am very happy with the computer. It is an excellent computer if you want a console computer, clear display, large numbers and several different warning that you can set. However after diving with it for a while I found I do not like having it on a console and am thinking about getting a wrist computer. Sorry, I do not know anything about the Cobra.

I have a Wisdom 2 on the quick disconnect and am very happy with the computer. It is an excellent computer if you want a console computer, clear display, large numbers and several different warning that you can set. However after diving with it for a while I found I do not like having it on a console and am thinking about getting a wrist computer. Sorry, I do not know anything about the Cobra.

Thanks for your reply. I just dove with both computers and
am almost at decision. I'll keep everyone posted. I also
was thinking of a wrist computer... So many choices. :wink:

---------- Post Merged at 09:16 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:12 PM ----------

Thanks everyone. I'll keep you posted on my decision. Hopefully, this can help the next new
diver with the same tough decision. There is so much out there!

Are you going to download the computer? Both are good computer but the cobra does holds more data.

I also was thinking of a wrist computer... So many choices. :wink:....
You are right! We have more than 110 models in our Dive Computers Research Tool.

Regarding the Cobra, we have an online class for it and it is supported in all our simulators.

Back
Top Bottom