Worst instructor ever, please help.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Holy cow!! This instructor should be shot!!!

DD

GOOD! THAN ITS NOT JUST ME! from what I read online you guys take these things very seriously, one girl actually inhaled water at 40 feet and swam to the top choking, the instructor never even once ascended to make sure she was ok, the whole experience was horrible.

---------- Post Merged at 11:44 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:36 PM ----------

anyways what should I do should I tell NAUI would they care? and my biggest fear is if I report him to NAUI he's going to get mad and not give me my license (not like I did anything to get it anyways)

so yes guys that was my first diving experience, Im keeping so much detail out right now but if I wrote everything he did I would be writing a book he was really rude, yelling and cussing at the students when all they were doing was asking questions
I may not no very much about diving since I'm new at the sport but I no enough to no that you divers care about safety.
keep in mind we never had a pool dive or anything 1 dive no instruction and hes giving us all our license... what should I do :/ and oh yeah he was one instructor with 15 students I'm pretty sure I read in the NAUI book thats not allowed.
Sounds like a horrible experience.
I'm going to guess that this was a NAUI course since that was the text you referenced. What you really need to be doing is writing that book in as much detail as possible. Only it shouldn't be posted here, it should be sent to NAUI headquaters....or the whichever agency this instructor is supposedly associated with.

Was this a try dive/discover scuba class? Try dives are the only way I know of that put people in the water without a pool session and give out a little certificate afterwards (not a license or a certification card, but just a little "You did this" thingy you can put in a frame).

Regardless of what sort of class it was, it clearly wasn't conducted properly. You need to find a good instructor and do the full scuba course. Maybe since you've had such a traumatic experience, you would be best off with a private instructor who can go at whatever pace you need so you can get over any residual fears you might have.

Wow. I'm speechless.

I can however tell you that there are some bad apples on every tree. I had a poor experience myself earlier this month with my drift instructor. Every other instructor /DM I've been out with has been fantastic though. Don't let that douche steer you away from the greatest thing going. I'd report him to the agency...

Keep at it!

I am surprised by this. There are usually two sides to every story. You should not have been expected to get into open water without having had pool sessions on how you gear works (e.g., how to deflate your BC) and without having a good grasp of ascent, descent, and neutral buoyancy (that kneeling on the bottom is a poor substitute). That being said, you appear to have been well-read on your manual, so how did you think that you were ready for open water when you were not given the chance to practice (under guidance) in a pool. Or was that option offered to you and not accepted? I mean no offense - the described regimen is so far beyond the norm (as described) that something seems to be missing...

Thank you and I hope so, It was so much worse than I'm making it sound.

---------- Post Merged at 11:52 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:49 PM ----------

Yes I understand 100% its out of the norm, thats why I'm on here now telling you all about it, theres no exaggeration it was THAT BAD, im pretty sure that the class shouldn't be receiving there license when not one of them could even clear there mask.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom