Invasion Central

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm gonna have to pack some clothes eventually. Waiting for the last minute adrenaline rush. :D

I'm gonna have to pack some clothes eventually. Waiting for the last minute adrenaline rush. :D

Same here. We leave tomorrow and I haven't even started packing clothing for the trip. Scuba gear & camera is all set, though. Priorities, man! :D

Glad you are all better DiverG...

My boss is trying to make sure I get everything done before I leave so he just loaded me up with a crap load of CRAP! LOL! 3 days for me!

I have never seen a seahorse or a Toadfish, I am on a mission to locate those two while there.
See you guys Sunday...

Grettings from 35,000 feet above. Courtesy of delta airlines in route to cozumel. See you all on Saturday!!!

Grettings from 35,000 feet above. Courtesy of delta airlines in route to cozumel. See you all on Saturday!!!

See ya tomorrow, o master of the universe! :cool2:

---------- Post Merged at 12:01 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:17 AM ----------

Just wondering...how much is it customary to tip the crew the dive boat at the end of each day?

I want them to be happy to see me every morning but not necessarily jumping up and down, know what I mean?

I have a similar question.
The DM's will switch boats with the groups each day. Since we will have the same DM all week, I was planning on tipping the DM one big tip instead of daily. Will that cut the boat captains out of $$? Should I tip daily instead?

We have been on trips before where someone told us when, where, who and how much we were expected to tip regardless of the service. Cardzard and I feel it's a personnal choice.

Do remember that your DM will be rotating with your group for the most part. So you may chose to tip him at the end or tip him daily and then give him a bonus at the end. I would recommend at least $5 a day, but again that's your choice based on the service and how generous your able to be. And remember the boat crew and the hotel staff will be working hard for you also. Call me old fashioned, but I judge the tip based on the service and not the norm. Your call. :D

In the past there have been many threads in different forums on tipping, so lets not get that started again. So let's leave it at personnal choice. :)

Back
Top Bottom