Torpedo ray sitings - Lanes Cove

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reefseal

Contributor
Reaction score
Did a couple end of day dives at Lanes Cove. On 1st dive, came across a couple Torpedo Rays. First time seeing more than one on a dive.
Did a 2nd dive and came across a 3rd one! Definitely not the same ones.
A first for everything.

When you saw the couple - was one a bit bigger than the other. I saw the larger one today on the right side of the site right where the sand meets the wall.

We saw a big one out by the reef outside Plum Cove, two weeks back. Very cool (and surprising in low viz).

When you saw the couple - was one a bit bigger than the other. I saw the larger one today on the right side of the site right where the sand meets the wall.
That's where I saw one of them for sure. Two were to the right as heading north. I love swimming where sand meets the wall. Surprisingly, a large no. of golf balls too!

That's where I saw one of them for sure. Two were to the right as heading north. I love swimming where sand meets the wall. Surprisingly, a large no. of golf balls too!

I don't recall any golfballs at Lanes but a school of at least 8 bluefish buzzed by at the point. Also there was one on the left side of folly about 25' feet from the wall in 41' on Wednesday - smaller than the one I saw at Lanes. I have also heard many sightings of a much smaller one at Old Garden Beach.

Back
Top Bottom