Proper care for scuba gear?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Baby shampoo is also a great mild cleaner for just about anything you want to clean that is made from any type of delicate/sensitive material as well.

As far as the Drysuit, the beach where I normally instruct there is a shower that I use once I prepare to get out of my gear as a pre-clean before removing it, after a few uses cleaning like said above I do a complete soak in fresh water to clean it inside and out, we cant forget that everything has 2 sides that both need to be cleaned BCD bladders included!

Salt is a serious mineral, I try to keep it off of anything I want to last..

When I get home from a grungy lake, I hop into the shower wearing my wetsuit and soap up with the Old Spice liquid soap.

It seems to cover / get rid of the neoprene stink too.

Put enough water inside your bcd to then operate all the dump valves, clearing them and exercising them.

Part of my padi cert was a simple 5 min lesson on this stuff. It was also in the video.
One thing that stood out was to avoid submerging the first stage, just splash water on it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom