Divers North-Northwest-West of Ft. Worth

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great dives, good food and fun to the 13 souls that attended our first dive outing at Athens today (Saturday), as well as Friday, for the 4 campers that withstood the storms, wind and the train that runs through Athens at all hours of the night. :D

I'm off to finish packing for family vacation. I'll try to post a little more dive information, attendees, etc. once I get settled into our vacation home, unless someone wants to beat me to it....and I will be more than happy if someone else wants to jump in and report! LOL.

Safe dives,

Cyp

It was a fun Saturday! I enjoyed getting to know everyone, diving with korvette and one of the guys from his Boy Scout troop, NavyDiver2010, Cyprian, and talking with Gillty, grantwiscour and their wives.

I discovered that korvette is a 5-star camp chef! We had burgers and fruit for supper and the most delicious breakfast burritos!

Everyone I dove with demonstrated great buoyancy skills and buddy awareness, and I managed to explore a great deal of the uncharted spaces between the attractions at Athens Scuba Park XD

Friday night was pretty exciting due to the unexpected storms. I checked the weather days ago and packed accordingly--no tent. With such great weather, why not just bring a mattress and sleep in the bed of the truck, I thought to myself. Well, between the trains every two hours, and then one that pulled into the area, backed up slowly to connect to another train, and then slowly move forward while blowing their horns the entire time, and the intermittent rain and wind--why I never realized how comfortable the cab of my bench-seat 2-door F250 could be. I slept so comfortably, in fact, that I decided to skip the morning dive to make coffee, instead, Yeah... :)

I'm up for some local mud hole dives. I've finally learned to appreciate murk.

I'm up for some local mud hole dives. I've finally learned to appreciate murk.

Hey Bill, about time you joined us......you've already been in the group for 2 dives...lol. :D

---------- Post added May 22nd, 2012 at 05:50 PM ----------

It was a fun Saturday! I enjoyed getting to know everyone, diving with korvette and one of the guys from his Boy Scout troop, NavyDiver2010, Cyprian, and talking with Gillty, grantwiscour and their wives.

I discovered that korvette is a 5-star camp chef! We had burgers and fruit for supper and the most delicious breakfast burritos!

Everyone I dove with demonstrated great buoyancy skills and buddy awareness, and I managed to explore a great deal of the uncharted spaces between the attractions at Athens Scuba Park XD

Friday night was pretty exciting due to the unexpected storms. I checked the weather days ago and packed accordingly--no tent. With such great weather, why not just bring a mattress and sleep in the bed of the truck, I thought to myself. Well, between the trains every two hours, and then one that pulled into the area, backed up slowly to connect to another train, and then slowly move forward while blowing their horns the entire time, and the intermittent rain and wind--why I never realized how comfortable the cab of my bench-seat 2-door F250 could be. I slept so comfortably, in fact, that I decided to skip the morning dive to make coffee, instead, Yeah... :)

Good description....and ol' Korvette can cook. For some reason the burgers I cook on my camp grill don't match his; however, he brings out some kinda secret spice. I'll bug him about it the next time.

Our next dive get together will be coming up soon. I'll provide more info soon! I'm still playing catch up to actual work after my vacation....I still hate it when work gets in the way of diving! :D

Alright folks, I just wanted to drop by and say I haven't forgotten anyone. May has been a strange month for me, with a vacation right in the middle. That said, we have three new interested parties that I will introduce in an email to come this week, as well as info about our next meeting and discussion about our next dive get together.

My personal goal is to dive every weekend of June, so I'll see ya'll out there.

If anyone else wants to join the email list or come to any of the group meetings, feel free to post here or send a PM.

Take care and safe dives to all,

Cyp

Hello group...

I will be at the next meeting on the 19th, but will be coming from the ED so may be a bit late.

Hello group...

I will be at the next meeting on the 19th, but will be coming from the ED so may be a bit late.

Looking forward to you joining the group! A medical professional as a member is always a definite plus to a dive club and adding another instructor only helps our cause.

Don't worry about being late. Our meetings usually run from 7-8:30 or 9. :)

NTDS Members, don't forget the meeting tonight! :)

For all others interested, hopefully we will be officially organized tonight and be able to provide more information about our club and the direction that we are headed in. To stir the pot a little bit, we will be discussing a Lake Murray clean up project that both members, non-members, and other groups will be invited and encouraged to participate in.

Stay tuned.

I would definitely be interested as I'm in the Saginaw/Lake Worth area. I'll keep checking back to see if something is up here.

I would definitely be interested as I'm in the Saginaw/Lake Worth area. I'll keep checking back to see if something is up here.

Welcome. PM me your email and I will put you on our list.

We are still in the organization phase, but we will be announcing the club soon and start on a true membership drive. Right now we just invite anyone interested from SB and is basically the only place we have mentioned the club.

And, we are also going to be working on a Clean Lake Murray project very soon and will be inviting other clubs, individuals and dive shops to help. The more the merrier and better for Lake Murray.

Safe dives,

Cyp

---------- Post Merged at 09:23 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:57 PM ----------

Technically, I've already announced the club "North Texas Dive Society" but we will formally announce when we get organized. In the meanwhile, you are more than welcome to check out our FB page. We are working on updating it with more info as well. Lot's to do!

http://www.facebook.com/NorthTexasDiveSociety

Back
Top Bottom