Dive shop San Marcos was robbed last night.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry, to read about this. Reads like someone was after specific tech gear as was already mentioned. Make sure a police report is filed and you have a copy of it. Definitely let other dive stores know, Austin, San Antonio, Houston and Dallas areas.

Hate to hear it and will definitely keep an eye out.

-E

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I've been contacting every Tech Instructor and reported the gear stolen to Scubapro and Halcyon. Hopefully it will turn up or they will make a mistake.

hit the local dive spots this weekend. I bet those losers are just dying to try their new gear out...

Wow, that sucks. Sorry for your loss. Hope they catch the lowlifes. I emailed my local dive shop here in San Antonio with your lost equipment list.

Final inventory and such, near as we can tell:

Personal gear stolen:

XS AL80 doubles. "Unfinished" finish, 300-bar valves, no jam nuts on the manifold crossover.
LP85 tank with 300-bar valve and boot
Catalina AL80 with 200-bar valve . Shot-blast finish
Scubapro Mk25 with G250s. Primary reg is older G250 with a teal diaphragm and teal "S" purge button. Backup is a modern G250v. Hogarthian hose config.
Halcyon Eclipse 30 Stealth. Sequence number 134 out of 500.
Halcyon Explorer 9/21 can light. Equipped with a DSS scooter thumb loop and scratches/wear.

Shop gear stolen:

New AL80 unfinished finish, no VIP sticker, and empty. (so if they try to get it filled anywhere...)
Brand new Halcyon Eclipse 30
Brand new Halcyon Evolve 40
Scubapro Galileo Luna
Scubapro Aladin 2G
Mk25/A700
Mk25/S600
Subgear Cayman
Scubapro Orbit mask
Scubapro Frameless Mini mask
Scubapro Scout mask
(Each mask might have a Halcyon slap strap on them, since three slap straps were also stolen.)
100-foot Halcyon jump spools.

I think that's pretty much the big ticket stuff. They also ripped off some wetsuits and rashies, but whatever on that. If you are diving locally, between say, San Antonio and Austin, or thereabouts, if you see someone using a Stealth Eclipse, I'm pretty sure it's mine. The odds of ANOTHER one of those being in central TX and being dived I can't see as a very high possibility. Insurance is working with us on replacing everything, but that unit's pretty well irreplaceable, so I'd REALLY like to try and get that one back.

ill keep an eye open while at still house....

That sucks! I've lived in the area for a few months and have only had a bicycle stolen so far. Knock on wood, that'll be the only thing! If I come across anything, I'll let you know.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom