Some pics from my dive sites

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divejones

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I am no underwater photographer, i have a simple aim and shoot cam, here are some pics, tips and tricks, most welcome. however keep it less tech, else it will go over my head :)
GusUW2.jpg
GusUW3.jpg
Sharky.jpg
GusUW.jpg

---------- Post Merged at 10:50 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:47 PM ----------

last pic, you can see air sharing happening in the background

---------- Post Merged on July 12th, 2012 at 05:53 AM ---------- Previous Post was on July 11th, 2012 at 10:47 PM ----------

thanks tripntx

#1. Learn your camera. Remember that manual that came with your camera? Read it cover-to-cover and practice with your camera simultaneously. The idea is to be able to make quick adjustments without brain freeze.

Do a custom white balance with every 3 meters of depth change (if camera allows).
Shoot with the sun at your back, or at least at your side.
Get close to your subject(s). Once you are close, get closer.
If you are not shooting manual, learn how. It will be frustrating at first, but rewarding as you become proficient. I would also suggest using aperture priority/shutter priority.
Practice shooting above water. Much of what you learn will translate to UW shooting.
Go to sites such as: Underwater Photography Guide and read. Practice what you've read.
Your flash will do no good if the subject(s) are more than about 2 meters away. Unless needed, turn it off to reduce backscatter.

Disclaimer: I'm a dolt. Period.

Vineet Scuba2.jpgVineet UW Pics3.jpg

thanks craracer.

will keep these points in mind, in fact, just got myself a GoPro hero, need to try'em out UW. here few more of'em from my good old cam

Attachments

• GusUW2.jpg
    GusUW2.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 139
this was from recent diving trip to andamans and Langkawi

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 59
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 47