Dive Haven Quarry, White, Ga

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm not totally sure, but I want to say it might of been around 50 degrees. Don't quote me on that though as I'm still trying to figure out my new Veo 100 wrist computer & all the info it gave us for the dives (another good reason to try this place & why I wanted to go as well). Slmason.72 seemed to have a better wrist computer that gave more in depth info easier (& what we sort of used for our log books) so might want to PM him and I'm sure he could tell you the specfics.

Surface temp on 6-30 was 82 with temps near 70 to 25 ft or so. Hard thermocline at 30 ft with temps in the mid 50s at 37 ft. Didn't go any deeper as we had no reason to torture ourselves with the colder water. Viz below the thermocline was remarkably worse than above, maybe 5-8 feet. The algae is definitely in full bloom.

Other than that, was a fun, relaxing day. Wild like to go back with a bit better thermal protection and check out the steam shovel. Sitting in about 60 or so ft of water with the boom sticking up to about 35'.
That looked pretty cool.

MCF, I did end up buying a normal compass. The digital one on my D6i just seems to sensitive. That was the second time I was getting obviously bad headings.

I am thinking of diving at Whitestone (Dive Haven) this Sunday 7/15/12. Any body want to buddy?

I would be up for Lock-Low Minn or Pelham too, if I knew I had a buddy.

I am in Tucker (NE Atlanta area) and could meet anywhere if someone wanted to drive up together.

Cheers,
Thomjinx

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom