Cressi Leonardo, anyone have experience with this computer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Redbridge IRDA adapter.
I think it's not sold anymore.

Bought it super-cheap.
http://www.karachifriends.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/irda_redbridge_3-370x321.jpg

I couldn't find the exact same one on ebay. I'm also not at home. I'll have to check.

But IrDA are basically all the same, meaning they usually all use the same chipset.
Older IrDA use a chipset that is not plug-n-play with Windows 7
Newer IrDA nowadays should be compatible with Windows 7.

I'll post back the model number of the IrDA once I get home.

Thought I'd chime in here as a Leonardo owner. Purchased for simplicity, design, and for having a reputation as being a conservative computer. Since me and my son are just starting out, and the type of diving we will be doing for the near future, I considered this a good thing.

I got my son and myself a pair from Leisurepro for three bones each, but I just checked and they are still running the sale that gives you a $50 gift card + free online training, so $250 really, plus whatever the training costs (a few bucks?)

Yes, the one button does make navigation a pain until you get used to it. It will never be as fast to navigate as a multi-button computer. With that said, once you are in the water, you don't fiddle with it, so I consider this a minor quibble.

Best deal I could find on the pc-link interface was on Cressi Leonardo Interface. Instruments - computers Accessories, Scubastore.com, buy, offers, dive , which, when I look at my credit card statement, ends up coming to $80.06 after all the foreign transaction fees, shipping, etc to the states. It took almost two weeks to get here, but they were out of stock when I ordered. I have read a lot of bad things about this vendor, so buyer beware. Mine arrived, as stated, and works (USB connection, running on Win 7). The software kiiiiiind of sucks though. Not sure if I'll be able to use this as our permanent computer log or not.

My only complaint with the Leonardo itself is the strap, it's a pain. 1, it's super long (surely to make it one-size-fits-all and to accommodate wet and dry suits). I had to cut some of the strap off (really, it was ridiculously long, even more so on my son). 2, the strap keeper slides, I've found myself CONSTANTLY fiddling with the strap on the dives. Not.Good. Since there is no commercial bungee mount solution, I'm going to have to come up with one of my own.

Oh, and back lighting would have been nice, so I guess call it two complaints.

I'll be happy to answer any questions if you got any.

...... but I just checked and they are still running the sale that gives you a $50 gift card + free online training, so $250 really, plus whatever the training costs (a few bucks?)...... .
The cost of the Cressi Leonardo online class is $4.99

Alberto (aka eDiver)

Hmmm, maybe I spaced on that. Do you recall if you push the button to activate? Because I thought all that did was go to "screen 2" of dive mode, where there is not much usable information. Hence why I said you don't really fiddle with it in the water.

I suppose it may change the screens AND turn on backlighting at the same time?

I purchased it last week, but will not receive it till mid August because the local distributor has ran outta stock. BUT... I have read the manual a few times already. Heh heh :blush:

Taken from Page 56 of the Manual
http://www.simplyscuba.com/pdf/ScubaManuals/DiveComputers/Cressi leonardo.pdf

USE OF THE COMPUTER WITH POOR
VISIBILITY (im. 25)
During your diving activity, light condition may
not allow easy reading of the display, therefore,
it is possible to switch on its backlight by pressing and holding the button. The display’s backlight lasts for a few seconds, then automatically
switches off.

Go try it out and let me know if it works :wink:

cressi leonardo gauge mode = free dive mode?? gauge mode log?? cressi leonardo or oceanic veo 2 or oceanic veo 3 buy?? I m Free diving and scuba diving(sometimes) my english very bad :(

USE OF THE COMPUTER WITH POOR
VISIBILITY (im. 25)
During your diving activity, light condition may
not allow easy reading of the display, therefore,
it is possible to switch on its backlight by pressing and holding the button. The display’s backlight lasts for a few seconds, then automatically
switches off.

Go try it out and let me know if it works :wink:

Thank you! Will do! However, it turns out that I've broken my toe, so it'll probably be a month+ before I'm back in the water :dramaqueen:

cressi leonardo gauge mode = free dive mode?? gauge mode log?? cressi leonardo or oceanic veo 2 or oceanic veo 3 buy?? I m Free diving and scuba diving(sometimes) my english very bad :(

The Gauge mode works as a simple bottom timer and depth gauge. I think I recall reading that you can not use it in "standard mode" for 24 or 48 hours after using gauge mode, as gauge mode does not track your nitrogen buildup.

Thank you! Will do! However, it turns out that I've broken my toe, so it'll probably be a month+ before I'm back in the water :dramaqueen:

OUCH! Stop kicking rocks! :no:

As for logging Gauge mode... I think the computer can do that too.

I bought my Cressi Leonardo from amazon 2 months ago, and just had the opportunity to use it over the weekend dive in Tenggol Island in Malaysia. No major problems to report except the retainer keep sliding down, the wrist band is hard compare to suunto zoop. Function wise, i think the leonardo performed excellently, display is big and easy to read, i did not try the backlight under water.
Information displayed main screen are current depth, max depth on current dive, temp, elapsed time, timer to no decompression.
at about 6 meters of depth, computer will auto switch to safety stop mode, and comparing it to a suunto dive computer that my buddy had, no huge difference in terms on the conservative-ness(if there is such a word)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom