what do you pack????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dgsmith

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Packing for sat flight to cocoview and fantasy island for 2 weeks. What do you pack. It seems like I barely packed anything but have two full bags plus my carryon of camera equipment. How many clothes ,batterys, insect repellent, water bottles.
Do you bring rain jacket?

I would like to pare down a little more, but not sure what to leave at home.

Carry the water bottle, fill it once inside airport security. You can get additional there.

There is a huge difference in what is available to buy between the two resorts. CCV has any kind of battery you might need. Bug spray is usually left behind (at the bar) by departing CCV guests, but we always bring one for the room and one for the dive deck.

Clothes? You obviously have too much. One pair of shorts for travel, one pair of shoes that you are wearing. T-shirts and a couple of bathing suits. Sun protective clothes, too.

We always bring a rain jacket, actually an unlined Goretex parka. Keeps you warm and dry at any time. This is a rain forest, something we used to call a jungle. You're nosing into "rainy season", so you never really know.

You infer that you'll be doing one week at each resort... FIBR and CCV. It will be good to hear how you find them. Please post detailed reports- at CCV you have easy access to a shared computer (or resort wide wi fi), so you can start a thread and post your daily thoughts!

Hmmm,
My next trip Iam packing 400 Hardi Plank siding boards, 100 trim boards, 25 lbs stainless siding nails, 25 pounds of stainless roofing nails, 30 rolls of roofing felt, shingles, flashing, 2 40ft extention ladders, 2 jobsite compressors, nailguns and school supplies for the main stuff. :D

Our dive gear fits in one suitcase our regs/computers in the carry-on. Take about 3 pairs of light shorts and 3 light shirts. Colors that will mix and match and you can make it look like you have a new set for every nights dinner. Wear your walking shoes for the travel days and pack a pair of Tevas or similar. Two swim suites so you always have one dry to put on. I take a couple of pairs of light under wear (and wear one) such as exofficio, that you can wash when you shower and they are dry overnight. A very light rain jacket, just to shed the water as it is a warm rain. We (the wife and I) fit all of our stuff including dive gear in 2 checked bags and a carry on.

I just spent a month on Roatan's West End.......and not in an AI. However I've done both Cocoview and FIBR. I took 1 tee, four tanks, four shorts, 2 swim suits, hat, sunscreen, Deep Woods Off wipes, 1 pair sandals and 1 pair crocks. Other than that I did what is in the quote below. With one exception: I carry a backpack with laptop, reg and dive computers and a rolling hard case carry-on for my video gear. LaCuda does same except she carries our digital still gear.

Maybe you've alrersdy gone by now.......if so, please don't forget to give us report on both of the resorts.

Our dive gear fits in one suitcase our regs/computers in the carry-on. Take about 3 pairs of light shorts and 3 light shirts. Colors that will mix and match and you can make it look like you have a new set for every nights dinner. Wear your walking shoes for the travel days and pack a pair of Tevas or similar. Two swim suites so you always have one dry to put on. I take a couple of pairs of light under wear (and wear one) such as exofficio, that you can wash when you shower and they are dry overnight. A very light rain jacket, just to shed the water as it is a warm rain. We (the wife and I) fit all of our stuff including dive gear in 2 checked bags and a carry on.

OK So it has been updated to 756 5/1 6x 7,25x 12 foot hardiplank siding boards, 100 trim bords, 50 pounds marine grade siding nails, 50 pounds marine grade roofing nails, ten thousand marine grade collated nailgun nails, 30rolls insulation, ladders, compresors, nailguns, 5 rolls aluminum flashing , school supplies, roof felt, 70 bundles of shingles, ice maker, 30 rolls roof felt paper, cement board shears, circular saw and table saw blades and some things I am sure I have forgot about

I would pack a couple of books for your stay at FIBR. We saw the odd person there over a week of CCV dive trips and perhaps a few more the second week. CCV was busy both weeks. That was our only trip so this might not be a typical observation.

...50 pounds marine grade roofing nails ...70 bundles of shingles... 30 rolls roof felt paper...
Sooner or later you're gonna figure out metal roofing is so much easier to pack. :D

- Pack all the clothing you think you need into your suitcase
- Take out half of what you packed
- Now, take out half of what is left in your suitcase
- You still have twice as much clothing as your need

Back
Top Bottom