Dunno what canister i have.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

licanu

Registered
Reaction score
I have a canister light without canister lid and head, that was given to me a year ago by a friend.
The canister lid and the head are lost.

Dunno what light is (Salvo, Light Monkey) but is some of because the red and black rubber pieces on + and -
I want to rebuild the light just finished another canister lid that fit properly .
I have few questions and dunno what must do:
Dimension of canister without lid is 230 mm lenght and 76 mm external diameter.
Can somebody help me to identify what accu is inside of canister? (Is this the 5.2 A variant ?)
(the canister is sealed i dont want to dismantle )
I suppose inside are LiPo accu's and for this type, complet discharging mean end of them.
The canister have inside the cutt off circuitry to not damage the accu's or i must build one ? Can i know the number of cells ?.

Thank you very much for your help !

Furgot to say i measured battery and is 12,6 V.

Last edited:
Posting a picture would help.

Lightmonkey uses a sealed battery inside the canister, so if your description is what I think it is, they are high on the list.

Here are some pictures:

DSC_7861.jpgDSC_7862.jpgDSC_7864.jpgDSC_7865.jpgDSC_7866.jpgDSC_7867.jpgDSC_7869.jpgDSC_7871.jpg

Looks like a Light Monkey canister.
Or maybe I should say that it looks just like a Light Monkey canister that I have, some one else could be producing something that looks the same.

DA Aquamaster can u help me ?

I agree it looks like a Light Monkey canister.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom