Lake Pleasant area dive shops

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rich Keller

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Where are the closest dive shops to Lake Pleasant? I would be coming from Cave Creek. I would also be interested in a shop that rents 30 or 40 cu/ft tanks for a drift dive in the Salt River.

Tres Aquas Scuba is at 7th St. and Union Hills Rd. Sport Chalet is at I-17 and Happy Valley Rd. Academy of Scuba is at 40th St. & Bell Rd.
Those are the 3 closest.

If you take Cave Creek Rd. south to the 101 Parkway then Tres Aquas would be a mile west then a mile south on 7th St. - the next exit you'd come to once on the 101. Tres Aquas is in a strip mall on the SE corner. It's one of my LDS's but IDK if they have 40's. I think I've seen rental 63's there.

You'll also pass Sport Chalet on I-17 on the way to Lake Pleasant. If you go north on 7th St. it will turn and become Happy Valley Rd - Sport Chalet is on the SE corner before the rotary/I-17 interchange. It's kind of in the back but you should see their sign - it's a big store.

Sport Chalet is a west coast sporting goods chain that also sells dive gear. They do rent tanks but are not as well dive-equipped at that location as some of their SoCal stores. I don't think you'd get a rental 40' there.

Academy of Scuba is east on the 101 to the 51 parkway then 3 miles south to Bell Rd. If you map it on google maps/earth, it may come up as either AZ Divers or Oasis Divers - same place.

I don't actually know of anyone that rents 40's in town. But I think your best option is probably Academy of Scuba.

Contact info for all 3: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/so...0-arizona-lds-list-last-update-05-2012-a.html It's the Sport Chalet in Peoria - not Phoenix.

Lake Plesent & Happy Valley there is a Sport Chalet. We would be happy to help you there

If you are wanting to drift dive the river its in the other direction from Lake Pleasant. You should be looking at shops in Scottsdale, Phoenix or Mesa

I was thinking the same thing...

I will be staying in Cave Creek so I was looking for shops closer to there rather then the areas I would be diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom