diving near tampa and st pete

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have to agree with how The Tackle Shack is not that good. I have had bad experinces with them in the past concerning scuba stuff and paintball stuff in the winter.
Jims and Jackson's is a little far away for me but i have yet to hear one bad thing about them. Every one i talked to gives high remarks for those shops.

Local areas.
I have been diving the St.Pete / Clearwater/ Tarpon Springs area for 4 years now. My favorite has to be Blackthorn reef or the Maze reef from dive clearwaters Boat " The Plunger". Also a good one is Vetrains reef from "Tanks-A-Alot".

Maze? Any idea where that is? Sounds fun... Just did the blackthorn yesterday and had a blast but gotta say the sheridan is better, done her?

I have a Pinellas County Reef Guide.. put out the the Pinellas County Utilities.. 727-464-4000

The FWC puts out a 'boating and angling guide' for most counties on the coast.
However.. while it might not have the exact name. If you pull up googleearth and initiate the dive function there are dive spots listed in it for Pinellas and florida.. and other places as well.. maybe that might help.

boating and angling guides can be picked up at fishing stores, dive shops where I got the one I am looking at the local fwc.. one in my hand is for crystal river.. local #352-563-0450. I am sure they can redirect you to wherever to get a copy of the local stuff..
'bella

ps..the citrus county guide is printed on paper, the collier county on waterproof paper and has a listing of artificial reefs.. not sure if one is newer than they other .. but there ya go.

Maze? Any idea where that is? Sounds fun... Just did the blackthorn yesterday and had a blast but gotta say the sheridan is better, done her?

not sure on the location of the maze. might be just a name The Plunger calls it.
I just did the sheridan today with Tanks-A-Alots boat with the DM Franz. Must say the wild life there was spectacular. So many different types of fish and living plants / animals. Hard to complain about both of the wrecks. One of these days i am going to have to dive the 3rd one there.

Here is a list of places from Tanks-A-Alot dive charters Tanks-A-Lot Dive Charters - Clearwater, Florida Scuba Diving Boat Charter - Pinellas Reef Map

Thanks bella, I'm fairly familiar with the artificial sites out of john and clearwater passes however i haven't heard of one called the maze so i thought id ask where it was.

I did the sheridan and blackthorn on sat, dropped on the thorn for 1000 lbs then kicked over to the dan. Love hanging out on the dark side under the hull with huge bait clouds blotting out the sun, or in the pilot house with the jew fish residents, real easy to get into deco thats for sure. We dropped on clearwater wreck and tarpon springs reef after that, both great sites with lots of profile worth checking out.

Mexican pride AND spo this weekend :dance3: il let yal know how it goes.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom