GoPro Hero2 -- Big review, comparisons, suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thank you very much for this informative review

Thank you. :)

We've done plenty more exploring with GoPros since then. Participated in the beta program for the GoPro dive housing, which works great (can't wait for filters, though). Have also been experimenting extensively with underwater 3D using the eyeofmine 3d flatlens housing. And set up a number of experimental pistol-grip rigs with lights.

Issues:

- You can't ever have enough light underwater.
- Keeping all those batteries charged is a job.
- Using the right settings and pushing the right buttons remains a bit frustrating.
- Really need the LCD for 3D also.

We're back to Isla Mujeres next week for more whale sharks (hopefully) and 3D.

whale_shark_gopro_flatlens_800.jpg

Thank you. :)

We've done plenty more exploring with GoPros since then. Participated in the beta program for the GoPro dive housing, which works great (can't wait for filters, though). Have also been experimenting extensively with underwater 3D using the eyeofmine 3d flatlens housing. And set up a number of experimental pistol-grip rigs with lights.

Issues:

- You can't ever have enough light underwater.
- Keeping all those batteries charged is a job.
- Using the right settings and pushing the right buttons remains a bit frustrating.
- Really need the LCD for 3D also.

We're back to Isla Mujeres next week for more whale sharks (hopefully) and 3D.

View attachment 132193

LOL...yeah things are getting better. After scanning many threads, I am starting to get a better idea. Too bad they didnt produce more Backscatter flip ups for the GoPro dive housing. If I werent leaving on Sept 1st I would sign up for the next batch. Might eat the bullet and just get the Oculus Red Filter ....

Unless someone knows where I can score a Backscatter flip up :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom