Oye, BONphiles. Requiescat en pace Jake Richter.+

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DocVikingo

Rest in Peace
Reaction score
Founder of InfoBonaire.com, BonaireTalk.com, Bonaire E-News, Bonaire Web Cams, co-editor of Bonaire Insider, etc.

Of melanoma.

Regards,

DocVikingo

Ow, this is painful. Jake was one of the first connections I had with diving on Bonaire. He made shore diving easy and fun. Great memories of being at his house at Small Wall dive site. My condolences to his wife and family. RIP Jake.

I'm deeply sorry to hear of Jake's passing. Bonaire Talk and the underwater webcams are an integral part of my scuba certification story, and I had imagined I would have a chance to go back one day and tell him how much his kindness meant to me.
I did my certification in Bonaire in 2001; Jake still had the webcam off his SmallWall home, and I really wanted to celebrate getting certified by having my family and friends at home see my first 'real' dive. So I coordinated with Jake to have access. And he met my traveling companions and me at the gate with a bottle of champagne -- gave entry tips, island tips and was just completely generous of spirit. Rest in Peace, Jake.
My condolences to his family.

Founder of InfoBonaire.com, BonaireTalk.com, Bonaire E-News, Bonaire Web Cams, co-editor of Bonaire Insider, etc.

Of melanoma.

Regards,

DocVikingo

Oh, Doc, I'm so sorry to hear this. Jake's websites were the go-to location for everything Bonaire. An icon who will truly be missed. What a loss this is. Condolences.

I found out about this on a recent trip to Bonaire. Jake and family were my first friends on Bonaire. He will be missed, love and peace to this family.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom