Blue Angel Staff Changes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

facebook says this

[h=6]re: all the "jorge" excitement

hello. this is eva. i was going to keep silent on this and just watch things unfold, i have learned that sometimes silence is golden... but i think i must speak now.

i feel i need to say this:

what i see here is, that as great as jorge is, a dive shop and a resort is so much more than one person. all the employees at blue angel are valuable to me and together we make a pretty good team, (dare i say family?)

jorge has told me personally that he is staying at blue angel resort, and i see that his picture has now been removed from tres pelicanos. i only wish good for steve and his new shop. perhaps, though it would be cool if he can find some other resources for employees and clients haha but whatever. people come and go in our lives, and we wish them all well.

blue angel will continue to move ahead, the team has great plans for the future and blue angel will just keep getting better and better...and i guess the plans include jorge too..

all i know is, i think i am the luckiest employer in the world.

as for the other shop, i guess imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.. i gotta say this... i am feeling pretty flattered right now!

everyone have a great day, and be happy!

sincerely,

eva kristine rasmussen

[/h]

Interesting development to say the least. I'll miss working with Jeanie on my reservations but far too many positives diving with BA for me to "jump ship". I wish her all the luck.

This concerns me. I'm staying at BA in 5 days and I'm wondering if they are going to be shorthanded by this.

I'm not going until Sept. 22, but I don't think you have any need to be concerned. Pony was one of two guys running the dive shop and the other one, Martin, is still there.

Apparently Jorge has changed his mind, but we've been very happy with other BA dive masters, as well.

Jeanie left several months ago and the new reservation person also seems very good.

In any case, I've been very impressed with how BA is managed and Eva's still there and I'm sure she's gonna keep things humming right along. (Right now, I feel sorry for Pony...he's probably questioning his decision to leave BA.)

Ron

hello,scuba board followers, i am martin from blue angel resort,i am in charge in the dive shop now and we are working same like always, you are the important people in blue angel and us work is make you happy, remember blue angel is not one guy is more than that..i wish the best for pony and we hope see you soon in blue angel resort.
have a great day.

MARTIN MAY.
BLUE ANGEL DIVE SHOP.

hello,scuba board followers, i am martin from blue angel resort,i am in charge in the dive shop now and we are working same like always, you are the important people in blue angel and us work is make you happy, remember blue angel is not one guy is more than that..i wish the best for pony and we hope see you soon in blue angel resort.
have a great day.

MARTIN MAY.
BLUE ANGEL DIVE SHOP.

Thanks for the post Martin. Looking forward to seeing you again very soon (October).
I know you'll do a great job of running the dive shop.

This concerns me. I'm staying at BA in 5 days and I'm wondering if they are going to be shorthanded by this.

no, they have plenty of staff, that should not be an issue.

What an amazing reaction. I like Jorge a lot, but he is not why I dive Coz. Even if he did leave BA, it would not have much impact on the dive op. Glad to hear he's staying tho. Some of y'all seem to think differently.

I've been a Blue Angel fan for years and don't see that changing based upon some staff changes. I've had the pleasure of diving with Jorge and I'm glad he is staying, but I've also had great experiences with the other DMs at the shop.

What bothers me the most is that Jeanie used, what appears to be, property of Blue Angel Dive shop to send the email. My email address was given to Blue Angel as part of my various reservations -- it was not given to Jeanie personally. Obviously, if she acquired my email through some other method where I've made my email public that is fine, but if she used the list of previous Blue Angel reservations as her source, that alone would keep from trying the new shop, as I find that pretty unethical.

It is probably a question I'll never get answered.

Last edited:
I've been a Blue Angel fan for years and don't see that changing based upon some staff changes. I've had the pleasure of diving with Jorge and I'm glad he is staying, but I've also had great experiences with the other DMs at the shop.

What bothers me the most is that Jeanie used, what appears to be, property of Blue Angel Dive shop to send the email. My email address was given to Blue Angel as part of my various reservations -- it was not given to Jeanie personally. Obviously, if she acquired by email through some other method where I've made my email public that is fine, but if she used the list of previous Blue Angel reservations as her source, that alone would keep from trying the new shop, as I find that pretty unethical.

It is probably a question I'll never get answered.
Yeah, I left it in my spam folder and deleted it. Had the same thoughts.

Back
Top Bottom