Liquivision and RGBM :)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive Right In Scuba

ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
But it looks like Liquivision is adding the RGBM algorigthm to the XEO Dive Computer VERY shortly
biggrin.gif
I have this info from a VERY reliable source, and will have more information soon

Gotta love LV always coming out with new things and advancing their dive computers!!!!

I'd be curious to know who well the RBGM algo in the XEO matches up with GAP's RGBM Decompression Software......

I'd be curious to know who well the RBGM algo in the XEO matches up with GAP's RGBM Decompression Software......

It matches very closely, after all the calculations are basically identical. The RGBM implementation for the Xeo is real iterative RGBM, not the 'fudged' simplistic stuff you see in most computers.

Eric Fattah
Liquivision Products

Thanks for the response. The next question would be then I wonder how close I can match a Sunnto HELO 2 (which I will use as backup to the Xeo once I buy the Xeo) to the XEO?

Hi Eric
Are you sure it's a true RGBM implementation???
I've installed it and am finding it very conservative.

If i run a dive on the xeo planner with RGBM conservative = 0
18/45, with 50% and 100% for 25 mins the total stops are 18mins longer on the XEO compared to GAP.
In fact if i set GAP to +2 on the conservative, it still gets me out of the water 10mins earlier.
the XEO's RGBM seems to be padding the shallow stops.

The biggest pain is not having RT when you run the planner.

Thanks
Dan.

---------- Post Merged at 01:25 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:35 AM ----------

Since installing the RGBM firmware, i can't find the setting for "Auto Switch" of the deco gasses.
The manual from Free Phase, on page 55 says it should still be there.
Maybe it's late and i'm just missing the correct menu, but i can't find the setting anymore.
Does it still exist???

I used to use the auto switch feature prior to upgrading the firmware for RGBM.

If anyone could point me to the correct menu to activate auto switching, i would be grateful.

Hi Eric
Are you sure it's a true RGBM implementation???
I've installed it and am finding it very conservative.

Hi Dan,

Our implementation uses the same model as GAP: the full iterative dual phase RGBM model. The difference is that in our implementation the radius and Boyle factors (rfac & bfac parameters) vary as a function of depth. In GAP they are static (you can see the values used in GAP in the dive plan panel). The functions we are using to calculate these parameters were specified by Bruce and are being used by other manufacturers as well.

The impact on the plan is to start deco just a little deeper and to extend the shallow stops a bit.

Best,

Brian McMillan
www.freephasedive.com
Better Algorithms, Better Diving

---------- Post Merged at 10:37 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:34 AM ----------

The biggest pain is not having RT when you run the planner.

If this is this an important feature to you and others we are open to adding a menu option to let the diver select how the plan is displayed (e.g. in deco settings “Plan Display” could have two could have two choices: “Stop Time” or “Run Time&#8221:wink:.

Let us know what you think.

Best,

Brian McMillan
www.freephasedive.com
Better Algorithms, Better Diving

Hi Brian
A choice between runtime and deco stops would be great.
I find it so much easier to plan around run time.
Got to admit, most manufacturers would ignore comments like this and not even bother to reply.
I'm very happy that I bought the Xeo & RGBM upgrade.

If you do release a desktop and/or a iPhone planner, I'll be first in the queue to buy it!!

Thanks for clarifying the difference between gap and Xeo.

Thanks

Dan

Back
Top Bottom