TZ10/ZS7 tray and lighting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

froggie01

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,

I've been searching the site for advice on a tray and light set up for my TZ10. I've been using the camera for a couple of years now and got some nice shots and videos but I'd like to go further with a tray/light set up for videos. Are lights foe videos useable for photo taking as well? If you already have a set up and want to share your experience, please do.

froggie

if you have the panasonic housing, which can be made neutral very easily, one way is to use the loc-line tray and arm, like this:
Locline Arm and Camera Tray discounts on sale Light And Motion

I've been using something similar with 1 large stix float and still neutral (with a sola 1200). It works well for video with a small light, but wont be as great for a strobe, where ulcs (or other) arms are better.

video ligth can be used for picture, if very close, but you will never get the same as a strobe. Note that i think with the panasonic, having a light will mainly be useful for close video shot. Otherwise, the internal color balance for underwater works pretty well

If you decide to go with a regular tray (BTS, nauticam, ikelite, etc, etc ...), then try to find something really really light.

Hey folks, rather than start a new thread - figured I could piggyback on this one...I've got a Lumix DMC-TZ10. Which stores in the States would carry an underwater housing for this model? So far, I can only seem to find Amazon, or two random stores in New York...? HELP! :) This is my only camera, and I'd like to start taking photos!

Thanks!

Steph

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom