Hello from Texarkana area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks CajunDiva! Must be nice to live close to the gulf...plenty of diving opportunities close by I guess! They used to have a dive club in Texarkana, but I don't think it's around anymore. A few divers up north about an hours drive around Broken Bow Lake Oklahoma, but not sure theres many close to here anymore other than that.

Hi txsharpshooter, welcome to the swamp!

I haven't been diving much lately, but myself, Timeliner, and Firefyter are about 90 miles west of you. You can check out profiles on the TSD roster. I'm about 45 minutes from Broken Bow and Timeliner (aka Frank) and Firefyter (aka Tom) are a little over an hour from there. Broken Bow and Clear Springs are the main two places close to here.

Again, welcome to the Swamp!

I go to Broken Bow on a regular basis to camp and swim, and that is where I took my OW course. Just completed it a few weeks ago. It was a lot of fun! We dove at Eagle Point in Stephen's Gap. I have been interested in diving since I was a kid, but never got around to taking the course until now. My only hangup during the course was clearing my ears, but I think I've got it down now. Hey Bravo, where are you located? Thanks for the replies guys!

Welcome to diving. My brother lives outside the big city of Bloomburg TX, populaton 308. More family in New Boston and right there in Texarkana. If you travel out west I am in the Los Angeles California area, give me a shout and we will go diving. We have great diving in lush kelp forrest and worth the trip.

Lot to see and do in the water. Have fun.

Welcome to diving. My brother lives outside the big city of Bloomburg TX, populaton 308. More family in New Boston and right there in Texarkana. If you travel out west I am in the Los Angeles California area, give me a shout and we will go diving. We have great diving in lush kelp forrest and worth the trip.

Lot to see and do in the water. Have fun.

Thanks for the invite Pasley! New Boston is just right down the road from me, and I know a few people there. I bet you do have some nice diving there on the west coast! Thanks for the reply!

Welcome, I'm in Little Rock. There are a lot of divers in Central Arkansas and they often dive Lake Ouachita and DeGray. Thats not real far from you. I would look into joining the dive club at Ricks in NLR. They run a boat on Oauchita nearly every weekend. Fun dives and good ppl.

Welcome, I'm in Little Rock. There are a lot of divers in Central Arkansas and they often dive Lake Ouachita and DeGray. Thats not real far from you. I would look into joining the dive club at Ricks in NLR. They run a boat on Oauchita nearly every weekend. Fun dives and good ppl.

I went up to Lake Degray about a month ago just to drive around and check out their campsites. It's a pretty nice little park, but I have never been in the water there. I have always heard that Lake Ouchita was a nice dive site. Friend of mine certified up there and he said the visibility was great every time he went. I will have to check into that dive club. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom