Anybody dive Bimini?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dvankirk

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Going back to Bimini in October for my wedding and want to find the best dive spots. I was there in February and did a couple of shallow reef dives with my fiance, but am looking for something a little different this time. Since I live and dive regularly in North Carolina, I love the wrecks that the Graveyard of the Atlantic offers. Any suggestions for Bimini?

Pages and pages about the value of the snorkel or the never ending bp/w vs bcd debate. Miles of posts questioning those wanting a pony, but no opinion on diving in Bimini. Oh well, when in Rome, let the Romans lead the way.

For what it's worth, I won't have a snorkel, dive a bcd, and back mount my 30cf pony!

HAve you done a search on this? I know there was a number of posts about bimini diving recently.

HAve you done a search on this? I know there was a number of posts about bimini diving recently.

"It's alive!" Thanks fire diver. I did do a Bimini search and came up with the usual sites that people have hit (Sapona, Turtle Rocks, The Strip). I just can't find much about the wrecks (Bimini Barge, Trader). I know that Bimini isn't a dive destination, but I want to see the best (for what I like) that they have to offer since I couldn't talk my fiance into getting married in Truk.

Btw, The Holy Grail is one of my favorites.

I don't have the numbers forthe wrecks but have dove most of them. If you are booking through a dive charter, I'm sure they know the locations.

bimiti_prop1.jpg

I don't have the numbers forthe wrecks but have dove most of them. If you are booking through a dive charter, I'm sure they know the locations.

I tried that when I was there in February and got the honeymoon diver tour from Bimini Underseas even though they knew that wasn't what I was looking for. Maybe I just didn't go out with the right people or was expecting too much. Who did you dive with? How long ago?

I was on the Blackbeards liveaboard, probably 3 years ago.

The Bimini barge is about 100 ft and is usually covered in life! The Stingray wreck is also really nice! Shallow, but tons of life! Email if you have more questions. I live on the island. sharkyjillian@gmail.com

Thanks Sharky,

I was looking at the barge and will add it to my list. Since you live on the island, can you recommend a dive operator? I have only been out with Bimini Undersea and was never the most comfortable feeling with them and they have been going through a lot of management changes the last couple of years.

The Bimini barge is about 100 ft and is usually covered in life! The Stingray wreck is also really nice! Shallow, but tons of life! Email if you have more questions. I live on the island. sharkyjillian@gmail.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom