Brainy the Sand Tiger Shark

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How do you know it's female...small brain?

sent from my rectangular phone with rounded corners using tapatalk

First off, it sounded to me in your post that you made a veiled insult to someone that I go diving with...hence this post.

Kate was right, she (Brainy) doesn't have claspers. That makes her a female. During breeding, the male sharks (they have claspers streaming between their pelvic fins) bite the females pectoral fins. Females usually have bite marks on the pectoral fins and sides when mating has been occurring.

Doubles and trim may be important, but so is the knowledge about what you're looking at with sharks. It is an elementary skill, if you had bothered to learn, to determine the gender of a shark. Its painfully obvious to all but the utterly oblivious.

Robert while I didn't think your comment was of high comedic value, I'm pretty sure you meant it as humorous and chose to take it that way. Haha

Actually I'd say Brainy has a pretty resilient brain, also the mark of a female. :p

@ fpsn, thanks.

Reactions: Jax
Seems you have the small brain my friend. That comment was offensive and unnecessary.
The hand that rocks the cradle rules the world!

Females need to have thicker skin... you know...?

Also, not sure about sharks, but women have smaller brains than men..

I was thinking about Robert's comment and I wondered, he appaerears to not be able to sex a shark and enjoys insulting females, Robert are you a quarry diver?

Dumpsterdiver, females sharks tend to be bigger than their male counterparts so I would sumize that their brains are bigger....

I was thinking about Robert's comment and I wondered, he appaerears to not be able to sex a shark and enjoys insulting females, Robert are you a quarry diver?

Dumpsterdiver, females sharks tend to be bigger than their male counterparts so I would sumize that their brains are bigger....

If your brain was working well, you would realize that my comment about brain size pertained to Homo sapiens not chrondrichtyes.

First off, it sounded to me in your post that you made a veiled insult to someone that I go diving with...hence this post.

Kate was right, she (Brainy) doesn't have claspers. That makes her a female. During breeding, the male sharks (they have claspers streaming between their pelvic fins) bite the females pectoral fins. Females usually have bite marks on the pectoral fins and sides when mating has been occurring.

Doubles and trim may be important, but so is the knowledge about what you're looking at with sharks. It is an elementary skill, if you had bothered to learn, to determine the gender of a shark. Its painfully obvious to all but the utterly oblivious.

No! First off, making a comedic statement in a forum is not a veiled attempt to insult anyone, including “someone you dive with”. Nor does it imply that I lack the knowledge to identify sharks by species or gender.

WOW! This is all just too funny. I am sorry you have such a thin skin and decided that something I said was in anyway meant to offend you personally. To be very honest, I don't care about you at all and would never waste the energy to single you out. I find it interesting that you with your under 100 dives and your AOW think you can call into question my diving skill, locations or experience. LOL you didn't even look at my profile before making and ass out of yourself. LOL! Poor Brainy. I feel bad that I insulted him by calling him female.

LOL- for any of you who actually know Robert you will know that this is soooo not the most inappropriate thing he has ever said. We call it his outdoor voice. Relax folks, I am often his dive partner....and a woman. And slightly taller than him.
Xoxo Robert
Now back the the OP. We were on this trip and had a fantatic week. Great footage Brad!!! Way to go.
Tracy

LOL- for any of you who actually know Robert you will know that this is soooo not the most inappropriate thing he has ever said. We call it his outdoor voice. Relax folks, I am often his dive partner....and a woman. And slightly taller than him.
Xoxo Robert
Now back the the OP. We were on this trip and had a fantatic week. Great footage Brad!!! Way to go.
Tracy

Thank you for your support??? LOL!!! So funny!

Back
Top Bottom