Ice Diving Masks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

09lszwedziuk

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have done an ice diving specialty, and i really enjoyed it:D! However I have decided to invest in some gear- i have an o'three drysuit now, but as far as masks go I am stuck:(. I am not sure on what brand, or what type. I asked the instructor on his recommendations - but he wears a full face, as an oil diver, and says he always has worn one. I asked everyone and they said they wear normal masks- but surely there must be a cold water designed mask, which is very tight- A flood in -1 degree water is not pleasant. The shop in russia was not very helpful:depressed: I don't care how much it is as, i am desperate need of a new mask anyway .
I know it is not a popular specialty, but I often go to the white sea in russia to see familly. The diving their is great :D. I just ask to any cold water divers- what mask they would recommend.

Look at my avatar. I wear a standard mask under the ice. I would rather have a standard mask leak or come off under the ice and still have my reg in my mouth than have to bail out of a full face and find the alternate. I can take a little cold water on the eyes and it's not that much of a shock since my cheeks are already cold (read numb:shocked2:). But to have my entire face which has been warm suddenly get hit with icy water? No thanks. At least for recreational ice dives.

Plus I do sport a full beard and that helps. But it might also affect the seal on a full face.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom