Brainy the Sand Tiger Shark

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In an attempt to stay out of the gender:brain size issue...

While the shark is apparently female, the wounds don't look like any mating scars I've seen. I would expect mating scars to be more like lacerations, or in the case of sand tigers, a series of puncture marks. More likely the hole-in-head issue could be caused by a mis-aimed shotgun blast by a local fisherman. Poor thing.

LOL......

Robert don't take Kate to heart and don't judge her on the number of dives. She hangs out and dives with a group equal to your training or higher on a frequent basis. Being an Aussie who's lived in multiple countries, a sailor and a diver, she has thicker skin than most guys I know.:wink:

I think the gunshot suggestion is probably right. I have never seen bites on a shark that extensive. Shes's one tough old bitxx!:D ...................and that term is not ment to be sexist!:wink:

Owie!! Looks like this shark got in the way of someone a little bit bigger during last feeding time.

LOL- for any of you who actually know Robert you will know that this is soooo not the most inappropriate thing he has ever said. We call it his outdoor voice. Relax folks, I am often his dive partner....and a woman. And slightly taller than him.
Xoxo Robert
Now back the the OP. We were on this trip and had a fantatic week. Great footage Brad!!! Way to go.
Tracy

:spit:

I can second this opinion! :blinking:

:rofl3:

Drama, drama, drama!

Robert, sorry I ruffled your superior, diving ability feathers. In future I will be sure to hang on your every post so I may learn from my betters.

smellzlikefish makes a logical point about Brainy's wound but looking at the edges I'm still thinking something bit her. I hope she is still around next time I head out there.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom