mosquito compu......

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

artdive

Registered
Reaction score
did any one of you dive with mosquito.....?

is just that I have been using one since august last year, and just about a month ago I had problems with the time; no problem during the dive, but the time and date have been reseted like five times during the last month; any way I just send it to the store to chek it.

I want to ask, if any one of you that dive with this computer have had any problem with it before??

thanks.

Yes, I'm on my third mosquito. My first one went into dive mode on the surface, second bad out of the box, third time was the trick (so far). I can tell you that their customer service is good.

artdive:
did any one of you dive with mosquito.....?

is just that I have been using one since august last year, and just about a month ago I had problems with the time; no problem during the dive, but the time and date have been reseted like five times during the last month; any way I just send it to the store to chek it.

I want to ask, if any one of you that dive with this computer have had any problem with it before??

thanks.

Haven't had a single problem with my mine in over a year. <knocking on wood>

thanks......

so reef guy, you just send it to the manufacturer and get a new one??

thanks a lot for your help.

I was also wondering would you use ths computer for a back up for cave diving or tec diving??

Im not realy sure.

I just bought a Mosquito with the PC interface last weekend.

Hope I got a good one!

Plus, I'm not sure if I like the strap extender thing.

I took it back to my LDS and they got it exchanged.

Not for backup on tech diving. It only allows one gas mix, and will only do air and nitrox.

artdive:

thanks.

150 dives over 2 years on my Mosquito and not a single problem. I did have to change the battery one time, but it was a simple installation. I even got a new battery by calling the manufacturer, telling them I needed a new battery, and they sent it right out...free!

My wife had the same problem you described with the time and last dive info resetting between dives. We sent it back to Aqualung (US rep for Suunto) they replaced it with a new one, got it in about 10 days. After 150 dives or so the next one had the same problem. She sent it back, got a new one, once again in about a week. the new one's done about 350 dives and has no problems.

Mine's on over 600 dives and no problems.

Either way Suunto was very quick to replace them, with new ones no less. We tracked the problem down (on the defective units) to happening when she checked her Surface interval after a dive. This was a repeatable error (ONLY ON THE DEFECTIVE UNITS).

Get your's switched out asap as if you do multiple dives and have this problem the computer won't figure your nitrogen loading properly as it "forgets" the first dive.

Despite these problems It's a great product. Mine has been rock solid for over a year and 600+ dives.

Chris

My wife and I both use Mosquitos. Mine never had a problem, the lower right button on hers fell off during a surface interval and was quickly replaced (warranty).

Back
Top Bottom