Intova Sport Pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK, got and tested the camera today at the local quarry. Vis was just as bad as it has been all this year. A few weeks ago we shot about he same dive with the GoPro with same light setup I posted as the wing. A 10 w HID on one side and a 21w HID on the other side. The GoPro was the H2 stock (out of the box) as well as the Intova. Both were shot at 1080 at 30 FPS. The results were amazingly different. the Intova really blew the GoPro away IMHO. Colors were more rich, water was not as "green," and you could actually make out almost all writtings on the divers gear. We really put it to the test in some very, very silty conditions. The back display was a big plus. Not just me but my buddy that owns the GoPro. He before thought that I was just reaching for something that would not make that big of a difference. He came out of the water with a, "damn I really like the back display." He even said, "I was shooting watching the display and then, when I looked above the camera, I could not believe what I was seeing with the display as compared to actual." We took turns, the 3 of us, using it and I feel that it is almost ready for cave country. I really am trying my best to post he video in it's raw form for others to see. Remember, this is not the ocean or caves with clear water. I really think that only the Cooper river could look worse! Only one area was not silted and it was there where it really came alive. Now, you really don't know me that well...so here goes. I have been diving for over 12 years. Ratings from OW, AOW, Nitrox, Advance Nitrox, Decompression, deep, night, MSD, DM to full cave. I have bought everything again and again always upgrading. Between my buddies and I we are putting about...damn this hurts....about $10,000.00 in the water during our dives. I have bought a Motor Marine camera, small cameras, video housings etc. with the end resuly being less than satisfactory or a complete lost. With this camera, I could not be happier. It truly made the dive more fun than usually. Now, if I could just figure out how to cut the size down of the video, I will post it. It's not great but I think anyone would get the jest of the conditions we were in and the rather outstanding results. It's so much easier to shoot under the best conditions. So JamesK, how do we cut it down without buying an expensive editing program? I'll buy one later. Lastly, thanks JamesK for allowing me the time to ask you questions and for creating this thread in the first place. After using it today, now I understand why you started it. Thanks again and I really look forward to seeing you in cave country. I'll be the guy driving a silver Toyota Tocoma, wearing a black DUI suit, using Poseidon regs and using an Intova Sport Pro camera!

Here is a link of some video I took with my sport pro[video=youtube;rNCllXW61_s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNCllXW61_s&list=UUPN3c5BeDD2xMO9ZH2f9vZQ& index=2&feature=plcp[/video]

I spent some time debating over which one to get. When I saw JamesK say quality was about the same at 1080p/30 I decided to go with the intova sport pro with the red filter, and it doesn't disappoint. Here's my video from yesterday's dive, average depth 35ft. The only two gripes I have about the camera are the buttons are a pain to press and no removable battery.

[video=vimeo;49096512]https://vimeo.com/49096512[/video]

thatdiveguy, thanks for a very cool video. Murkey, kelp, seals...you must have checking your 6 at all times.

---------- Post Merged at 02:50 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:49 PM ----------

Still need help in decreasing the size of the video from yesterday. suggestions?

You are going to have I change the size in editing. Some programs will allow you to save at a lower quality.

For those looking, B&H seems to have the best pricing on the Intova Sport Pro HD and relevant accessories. Unfortunately they show they are still on back order until September 17. At $168.00 with free shipping, I'll wait. :D

Well here a few pictures from the dive I described in post 101.

Attachments

• Snapshot - 26.jpg
    Snapshot - 26.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 186
  • Snapshot - 33.jpg
    Snapshot - 33.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 166
  • Snapshot - 13.jpg
    Snapshot - 13.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 139
  • Snapshot - 41.jpg
    Snapshot - 41.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 135
  • Snapshot - 98.jpg
    Snapshot - 98.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 148
Nice!!! When are you getting to cave country next? We can play around with these cameras some. I am going next weekend.

Some friends want to go down the 10-11 thru 10-14. I don't think that I care to be there while the NACD meeting is taking place. Thanks again for all the advice...you still should be given a cut in the pay that Intova is receiving.

Back
Top Bottom