Looking for a dive buddy...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mcharvis

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm looking for a dive buddy. I want to log more dives but I can't seem to find someone who wants to go. My friends who are divers are such flakes and my other friends who say they are going to get certified never do.

I am 29 years old and I live in the San Fernando Valley. I have an Advanced Open Water certification through PADI. Although I don't have very many logged dives, I am confident with my skills.

Are there any others novice divers looking for a dive buddy?

Let me know!

-Mike

Have you shore dived? Are u interested in learning how to lobster dive? Season is coming up and I do a lot of shore diving and lobster diving with my 16 year old son, and hubby, either or (never seems all 3 of us are available. I always seemed to want to dive more than either of them.

I've never been shore diving but I have considered it lately just because it is so cost effective. Learning to lobster diving sounds interesting. I don't have a taste for lobster though...you can just have them! How does lobster diving work? I've seen a few lobster while diving but they seem so fast. I could never get very close to one.

Have you shore dived? Are u interested in learning how to lobster dive? Season is coming up and I do a lot of shore diving and lobster diving with my 16 year old son, and hubby, either or (never seems all 3 of us are available. I always seemed to want to dive more than either of them.
That's a no-brainer for me. If you're looking for a lobster diving buddy at Deer Creek, let me know

Mcharvis-we will keep u in mind for shore diving in the coming months. You"ll need to get comfortable shore diving before lobstering because hunting bugs takes a certain skill level in the water (and yes sometimes it is very much like chasing chickens in the barn yard)
Shore diving is awesome for so many reasons but yes, cost effective is a big one. A great way to rack up dives and skills and comfort in many varying conditions. Don't let the thought of shore diving scare you. It is a skill that is easy to learn if you are open to it. My 16 year old did most of his first 100 dives while shore diving our CA coast as a small 14 year old simply because he thought EVERYBODY shore dives in almost any conditions.

I don't shore dive, but if you're interested in doing boat dives then I can definitely accompany you. May need some planning because my work schedule changes often.

I just got my kit fully sorted and need a buddy, wife is our of action for a little while. I haven't done any dives in LA but have 120 in other places, happy to start with nice easy shore entries and get to know the area before hitting anything challenging. I am in the Long Beach area and am a good buddy for newer divers - not a macho cowboy.

Join the PCH Scuba Facebook page to find local buddies :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom