Mask leaking, a thought.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, I definitely have to think about stopping on occasion. It doesn't happen all the time but it is there. I find that if I do more than one dive in a day then I exhaust less later on. Maybe it is still a "getting comfortable" thing. Either way, I know it happens and it will work itself out eventually.

Every once in a while I will stop breathing real quick to check if air is escaping through my nose.

I hope I am overreacting to this statement, but be careful stopping breathing during your dive. Even if it's just for a few seconds you should never be holding your breath while diving. :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PADI Rescue/DM 09100Z7445
Dr Dive/Wet Dream/Sea Cobra/Y-Knot

Diving is my passion...I live to dive!

I hope I am overreacting to this statement, but be careful stopping breathing during your dive. Even if it's just for a few seconds you should never be holding your breath while diving. :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Stop breathing" and "hold your breath" are very different things and should not be equated. There are many threads on this topic and I hope this doesn't turn into another one.

Nope just a quick check. Nothing substantial. I definitely don't hold my breath other than to do a fast check and not all the time just when I feel something is different.

"Stop breathing" and "hold your breath" are very different things and should not be equated. There are many threads on this topic and I hope this doesn't turn into another one.

Agreed, I don't want to hijack this thread...:wink:

my sincere apologies to all...in no way meant to hijack a thread and definitely didn't mean to cause any confusion of terms. I'll double check myself better next time :) /irrelevantposting

No worries live_2_dive, it's all good. Showing concern for another diver is never in bad taste. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom