Savannah/Georgia coast

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MG11

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Anything good or save the trouble and head to Florida?

In West Georgia

Mike

either head up to Myrtle Beach (barracuda alley) or head down to FL :D

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PADI Rescue/DM 09100Z7445
Dr Dive/Wet Dream/Sea Cobra/Y-Knot

Diving is my passion...I live to dive!

i never dove when i lived in savannah, but the marshes keep the water so nasty i dont think it would be much fun.

No diving in Savannah. There is a few spots way out in the gulf but no dive boats. It can be tricky as you can never predict the seas. I have never done them and have lived here 23 years.
go to WPB or key largo.

Jacksonville, Fl has a couple dive boats that run and St. Augustine, Fl has a boat that runs dive charters occasionally. You will be at least 9 miles off shore and about 80 ft of water min but much closer than the keys. It's mostly spear fishing, on wrecks and ledges and such.

I have dove out of Jax and they have some great stuff that has been sunk off shore. Worth at least a couple dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom