Hi I'm Grumpy Boz from Florida and I have a PPB question.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GrumpyBoz

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I have just opened a small dive shop in Florida and want to do PPB. My Mako dealer assured me that the compressor filtration system would produce O2 compatible air but now tells me he was incorrect. I am now looking at another 2k for a Lawrence Factor Hyper Pure filtration system. Are there any other hyper filter systems out there?
Thanks,
Grumpy

I have just opened a small dive shop in Florida and want to do PPB. My Mako dealer assured me that the compressor filtration system would produce O2 compatible air but now tells me he was incorrect. I am now looking at another 2k for a Lawrence Factor Hyper Pure filtration system. Are there any other hyper filter systems out there?
Thanks,
Grumpy

All of my Makos (I have 5 5406's) make OCA with standard filtration. Take an air test before you commit to spending another $2k. It is in your Mako dealer's best interest to sell you more filtration than you need....

Thanks,
Grumpy

Build yourself an Omni booster and save yourself alot of money.

If you want to give yourself some safety margin. Take the air test just before you change filters. Then you will know that the air already pumped is clearly "oil free". If you take the air test immediately after you change filters, it will pass with flying colors and you won't learn anything about the interval needed to assure "oil free" after some period of time. IF you need good feedback from us -- tell us the size of the compressor( CFM) and the size of the filter system you have (one chamber, 30 inches long OR ?). Usually, if the tests are marginal, adding another standard chamber will solve the problem.
Jim Shelden

Jim's advice is good, I always test banked air. That way it doesn't matter where in the filter cycle you are, it's a representative sample of what your compressor is making...

Thanks all,
Great info! My compressor is an AC05 with an 8.6CFM is has 11 hours on it(bought it new that’s why I am broke). The filter is MK2C so it has to be changed every 50 hours. I should have gone with the MK5C which would have to be changed every 125 hours. I see the logic in doing the sample off the bank system. I have been looking for an extra filter stack on line but haven’t found any. When the warranty runs out on my compressor I will buy a blend stick and bank 32%

I'll sell you a new Bauer filter (1 pound -16 inch) for $545 or a used Bauer (3 pound - 33inch) for $590 including shipping (in US)
Jim Shelden
316-992-0505

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom