Boynton Beach/WPB low-cost lodging options?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hudson

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,

Planning my first (finally!) trip to south Florida in a few weeks.. I found a lot of threads for Key Largo, but haven't really seen anything for BB/WPB area, other than the Singer Island hotels, which are unfortunately out of my range (it's going to be a week-long solo vacation). Do you have any recommendations for places that offer better value in the area? I'm sure there are some motels and such but maybe you guys have found places that tend to work better for diving?

I almost hesitate to suggest this, but in WPB on 45th street right next to I-95 are a couple of hotels that advertise low rates (e.g. below $50). Its not the most scenic or appealing area and I wouldn't want to walk too far east at night, but I think the places are probably generally safe. I've shopped at the honda and nissan car dealerships next to the hotels and stop at the Harley Davidson dealership often and buy gas at the Race Track gas station weekly, which are all on 45th street. I drive by this exit every day on my way to work, and as noted get off the highway to get gasoline, but am having trouble remembering exactly which hotels are at the exit: I think there's a Red Roof Inn and a Sleep Inn. If you look at a google map at the intersection of 45th street and I-95, you'll probably see some other hotels noted/pinned. You will need to drive your car to go to dinner or do almost anything else: there's not much in the vicinity.

I dont know if it could be cheaper than $80 per night, but the Homewood Suites Hotel on Donald Ross near 95 want to be a special kind of Dive Resort... One with free dinners and free beer and wine, and their rooms have complete kitchens....and..they are across the street from Publix!! About a 12 minute drive to the dive boats. If interested, ask for someone in Sales...to discuss the Dive Packages offered...either Christy or Jason will help you....Tell them you heard about this on Scubaboard, or, that Dan Volker sent you :)

They are a great option for diving either with Jupiter dive Center, or with the boats at the Lake Park or Riviera Beach marinas.

Last edited:
I dont know if it could be cheaper than $80 per night, but the Homewood Suites Hotel on Donald Ross near 95 want to be a special kind of Dive Resort... One with free dinners and free beer and wine, and their rooms have complete kitchens....and..they are across the street from Publix!! About a 12 minute drive to the dive boats. If interested, ask for someone in Sales...to discuss the Dive Packages offered...either Christy or Jason will help you....Tell them you heard about this on Scubaboard, or, that Dan Volker sent you :)

They are a great option for diving either with Jupiter dive Center, or with the boats at the Lake Park or Riviera Beach marinas.

I live near here and this is a much better location than 45th street that I noted above. Plenty of places to eat in both the stip mall next to the Homewood suites and the Publix anchored strip mall across the street.

JDC is neaby as Dan said and will take only a few minutes to get to from this location.

As far as the hotels on 45th street go: operators like Jim Abernathy, Scuba Club, Narcosis are not far away.

The Travel Lodge is the cheapest I have found but you get what you pay for. We always ask for a room by the pool on the first floor. My dive buddy, she lived on a sailboat for years and my husband and I primitive camp for fun soo we may not be the best judges.

The Travel Lodge is the cheapest I have found but you get what you pay for. We always ask for a room by the pool on the first floor. My dive buddy, she lived on a sailboat for years and my husband and I primitive camp for fun soo we may not be the best judges.

Sleep without A/C in S. Florida? :shocked2:

---------- Post Merged at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:04 PM ----------

Hudson, I am born and raised in West Palm Beach. This is spot-on good advise. The ocean drive & beaches north of Donald Ross Rd, is probably the most beautiful area in all of Florida...

I haven't stayed there yet, but the Super8 on US1 just south of PGA (Palm Beach Gardens) looks great--lots of food nearby and close to Lake Park and Riviera Beach Marinas as well as BHB.

We HAVE stayed several times at Sea Spray Inn on Singer Island, prices start at $69. using a motel coupon from the books found along the Interstate hiways or online. Pleasant place with a good breakfast at the rooftop restaurant. It's about half a mile to the Blue Heron Bridge shore dive.

Hi,

Planning my first (finally!) trip to south Florida in a few weeks.. I found a lot of threads for Key Largo, but haven't really seen anything for BB/WPB area, other than the Singer Island hotels, which are unfortunately out of my range (it's going to be a week-long solo vacation). Do you have any recommendations for places that offer better value in the area? I'm sure there are some motels and such but maybe you guys have found places that tend to work better for diving?

La Cuda and i just got back from 3 weeks diving on gold Coast. We dove with several dive ops in the Jupiter, WPB, NPB and Pompano.........The nicest motel we found at a reasonable rate was the Super8 on Hwy 1 in NPB. We got a very nice pool side room at good price. Breakfast included. You can get discount rate online at Super8.com It is near lots of eating places and a real good bar with good happy hours prices. (Mongos) The Carving Table has an excellet all you can eat buffet.....homestyle food delicious!! Have fun!!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom